New and hopeful

Options
Hello everyone,
I have had this app for a while but this is the first time I’m gonna be really using it. I struggle with my weight and don’t feel comfortable with the way I look now. My goal is to lose 50 pounds, suggestions, tips, support critics are all welcome !!!! Thanks

Replies

• Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!! Feel free to add me :)

For a Newbie check this link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    It will definitely help keep you accountable. I am still learning how to properly log my food but it gets easier every day. Feel free to add me.
  • XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Recognising the way you feel about your body is that big first step. So many want motivation on here but it must come from within and you’ve got it.

Weigh and log all your food - no cheating. You will learn when and if you are going over.

Stay consistent and expect results in the medium to long term... it’s not an overnight fix.

So many give up just when all the fruits of their labour are about to show.

Patience and mind-set are everything.

Know that big changes will come and good luck.