Baked Zucchini Fries

Options

Replies

• wendimarlow
    wendimarlow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks, GuillanieC, these look fabulous! I might even sneak them in on my children and see what they think!
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    Those look and sound great! Thanks so much!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    bump........................love zucchini:smile:
  • LaChanchita
    Options
    I am so glad I saw this!!! becase I just bought Zucz, and I normally just chop them up raw in my salad.....but I will make these forsure :)
  • MamaBudda
    Options
    Thanks will check it out and if, you would like some recipes send me a messy and I will send you some.:smile:
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump, will be trying these!
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Fabulous!!! I LOVE fried Zucchini and now I can still make it , only healthier!
    One question, is the 64 calories suppose to be for the entire (makes about 32 sticks)? I couldnt find a "serving size"
    If I can eat 32 sticks for 64 calories then WOW!!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    is the 64 calories suppose to be for the entire (makes about 32 sticks)? I couldnt find a "serving size"

No, that is per serving – the amount of servings is unclear. I would suspect 2+ compared to my recipe.

I have made a version of these before and they were so good I ate them all! I don’t use parmesan b/c we are a cheese-hating household but mine are only 2 WW points per serving (serves 2).

Baked Zucchini Sticks

2 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x 1/2" sticks
    2 tbsp eggbeaters
    6 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs (I used No-Name brand)
    ¼ tsp garlic powder
    Salt and pepper to taste
    ½ cup marinara sauce for dipping (I used Hunts Garlic & Herb Spagetti Sause. If you use Ragu, may be 3 WW points per serving)

Directions Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, beat eggbeaters and season with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl combine breadcrumbs and garlic powder, mix well. Dip zucchini sticks into eggs mixture then lay flat on a foil covered cookie sheet. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over top, flip zucchini sticks and do the same to the other side. Bake for about 20-25 minutes (rotating halfway) or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping. Serves 2.

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I would add up the calories when you make them because I think it is more, I make a similar recipe.....it calls for 1 zucchini, 1/8c each parmesan cheese and 1/8c bread crumbs(plain) and add 1/8 tsp garlic salt and 1/2 tsp garlic powder to it....and I use egg whites, pam spray then bake in the oven(gets real crispy).....It make a decent amt. but I eat it all as one serving (very filling)--you could divide it into 2 servings but I eat it as my main course..

if one serving out of it: 166 cal, 19 carbs, 4g fat, 13g protein, 3g fiber, and 343 sodium....

It is delicious, I have it about 5 days a week, YUMMO!!!!

If anyone is interested I can send you exact directions....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I saw this!!! becase I just bought Zucz, and I normally just chop them up raw in my salad.....but I will make these forsure :)
    Oh I like this idea too, thanks, thanks! Do you think other Summer squash will work this way as well? Can they all be used raw? New to Summer squash girl here:blushing:

Might have to see if I can do them with yellow squash or at least Google if I don't hear back on here :):)

Thanks for the original ideas and others of you that are sharing :)
    Becca
  • cjrss03
    Options
    bump....thanks all for the recipe and variations. :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    bump
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yum!!! I'm gonna have to try those. Thanks for sharing!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Oh I like this idea too, thanks, thanks! Do you think other Summer squash will work this way as well? Can they all be used raw? New to Summer squash girl here:blushing:

Might have to see if I can do them with yellow squash or at least Google if I don't hear back on here :):)

Becca
    hm?:wink:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

Becca
    hm?:wink:
    bump
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this!!! I have 2 large zucchinis in my fridge from my dad's garden and I wasn't sure what to do with them!!
  • elinsofie
    elinsofie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    is the 64 calories suppose to be for the entire (makes about 32 sticks)? I couldnt find a "serving size"

No, that is per serving – the amount of servings is unclear. I would suspect 2+ compared to my recipe.

I have made a version of these before and they were so good I ate them all! I don’t use parmesan b/c we are a cheese-hating household but mine are only 2 WW points per serving (serves 2).

Baked Zucchini Sticks

2 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x 1/2" sticks
    2 tbsp eggbeaters
    6 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs (I used No-Name brand)
    ¼ tsp garlic powder
    Salt and pepper to taste
    ½ cup marinara sauce for dipping (I used Hunts Garlic & Herb Spagetti Sause. If you use Ragu, may be 3 WW points per serving)

Directions Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, beat eggbeaters and season with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl combine breadcrumbs and garlic powder, mix well. Dip zucchini sticks into eggs mixture then lay flat on a foil covered cookie sheet. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over top, flip zucchini sticks and do the same to the other side. Bake for about 20-25 minutes (rotating halfway) or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping. Serves 2.

I was wondering on serving size as well-you know what though? I don't think I could eat enough to put a dent in my calories anyways! Glad this was posted! I just bought two zucchini today with the intention of trying something new!