Tired of mostly leggings! Help me find pants!

Options
2»

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've also found some jeans at Ross. Sometimes you just get lucky and find something around $10. I found some I think called "monkey ride" (Junior's size) that don't gap at the waist.
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough the jeans that fit me best right now are from Walmart. I take my 11 year shopping with me she tells it like it is and has great suggestions. Even my 20 year olds go to her for help lol.

Back in the day before I gained the weight low rise were my friend. But now 20 years later a higher rise is the way to go for me. Try on a bunch of jeans in different styles and cuts. Don't stick to one size either go up or down in either direction. Also women's and juniors fit differently so try out both of those too. Don't be down if your size numbers go up because juniors seem to run smaller.

It will be time consuming and sometimes disappointing but shop shop shop and don't buy till they are exactly what you want.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Do you have The Buckle stores where you live? Their sales people are great at bringing you the right brands/styles for your body type to try on. And they do alterations for free.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    Do you have The Buckle stores where you live? Their sales people are great at bringing you the right brands/styles for your body type to try on. And they do alterations for free.

They have great pride in their jeans for sure. I went in there one time looking for dresses and the sales lady just WOULD NOT HAVE IT. I MUST TRY THEIR JEANS. She came up to me like three times to offer jeans for me to try and I was only in there a few minutes!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    They were already recommended, but I have the greatest success with Lee brand jeans.

I would also suggest paying attention to the material type. Stretchier jeans might fit your shape better than ones that are stiffer.