Severe Depression and binge eating

Options
I feel like I’m struggling especially this time of the year I feel so alone . I cope by eating and sometimes it feels like food makes life the only thing worth living for . This time of the year it just gets so hard . Today is my birthday and I feel so alone I just want to binge to feel better about myself because I have no one . I’m sorry for venting but I just don’t have anyone to talk to .

Replies

• stacieluvzneyoo
    stacieluvzneyoo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well after you binge would you feel better or worse? Get up and go out. Treat yourself to a massage, a walk in the park anything but binging. Have someone you have not talked to lately reach out! Find a place to volunteer! Sometimes helping someone else helps us. You are not alone!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I get the feels; MDD and over eating (not binge). I can't offer advice for not being alone as being alone is my happy time. What I can offer is someone to vent to/at. Don't expect much of a reply, tho. I'm a listener but not a talker.

bumed3g99sz8.gif
  • Opalprincess99
    Opalprincess99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey girl :) I have the same problem ...my whole life...i had a very hard childhood. .then started restricting calories at 16 ...got quite slender then around 20 to 21 put on 80 lbs when i got a long term bf...so now I hope to lose more weight (45 lbs down) and tbh eating high protein food and leaving the crappy food in the dust is what really helped curb my binge eating ...as well as enjoying cooking and trying new ways to cook really well and cook different dishes than I used to...
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling to some extent. The book "Feeding the Hungry Heart" by Geneen Roth makes me feel less alone and has many of her patient's stories about emotional eating. I might just read it again now that I think of it.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! You have a whole new community, you aren't alone! Have you considered counseling? It could help you cope with your feelings and binge eating. This time of year is rough, I've gone strong all year and am struggling now. Try to find distractions instead of eating. I don't know if you're on depression medication but the one I'm on causes an increase in hunger, I really have to log right away and pay attention to calories and have healthy food on hand or I'd eat twice as much easily. Wishing you the best!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! 🎉🎂🎊🎈🎁
  • TNClutchman
    TNClutchman Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    First off.... Happy Belated Birthday! You aren't alone here. There are some great encouraging people here. This is my second go around here on MFP. I have had great support here. I'm trying to get back on track. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Findingme724
    Findingme724 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Hopegetsfit2019 .. YES!! Happy belated Birthday, Dec 1st! You are definitely not alone. I struggle with that same feeling... and it sucks. The feeling is very real and I am very sorry you’re feeling this way. I hope the feelings you had, have subsided a little ... I don’t know about your feelongs, but my come on strong when I’m stressed, depressed, hormonal, or just feeling crappy... but then randomly... I’ll feel a little better. Girl, this is a safe place to vent. it is OK, we are here to listen and give support. 😊