breaking out?

Options
I was always fortunate enough to not have to worry about my face breaking out, ever. But for some reason thats all I seem to deal with since I started eating right and stuff. It is driving me nuts. I clean my face and it does not help. Does anyone else have this problem?? And why does it happen

Replies

• DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    MEEEEEEEEE!!! My face hasn't been like this since junior high.. What's the deal!?!?
  • artsyathlete
    Options
    I found that oncee I started eating "clean" foods that my body detoxed a bunch of yucky stuff and one way it showed up was on my skin. It only lasted a little while (a few months, then once a month for a few more) and now my skin looks (much) better than before I started. Good luck and try to be patient
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It can also happen if you are exercising more because you are sweating and pushing stuff out of your pores. It should get better just keep washing your face morning and night.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Started happening to me after heavy sweaty workouts at the gym. Food may be the culprit too. Perhaps your body is getting rid of junk and replacing with good nutrients.
  • catahines
    Options
    me too, i have not idea what is going on..
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I don't know the why, but when I changed my eating habits I broke out *horribly* for a few weeks. I started drinking a ton of water and it went away... and now I think I've had maybe one pimple in the last month. Once your body adjusts it should be fine.
  • Hfxgal
    Hfxgal Posts: 57
    Options
    same here...it is very frustrating. I wash my face twice a day, eat healthy, drink lots of water and still....I look like a teenage kid lately with the pimples etc. I know that my doc says that birth control doesn't help....plus she also reminded me that now that I am in my 40s, hormones are all outta whack.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I found that oncee I started eating "clean" foods that my body detoxed a bunch of yucky stuff and one way it showed up was on my skin. It only lasted a little while (a few months, then once a month for a few more) and now my skin looks (much) better than before I started. Good luck and try to be patient

yes, this. and apparently your skin renews itself approximately every 28 days so you need to give spots a good few weeks to go.
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This is a GOOD sign! I, too, had (and sometimes have) the same problem except I have been a long eater of healthy foods and a chronic dieter - therefore had a slow metabolism. I lost a bunch of weight and plateaued - and never realized why I couldn't get to a point where I wasn't overweight - I obviously had more to lose, but it would ALWAYS stop at a certain point. When I came here I realized I wasn't eating enough and my metabolism had really slowed down. My resting body temperature was also really low (96) and I was having circulation problems (tingling in fingers and toes, cold, etc).

Within a week of eating more calories through MFP I had an abundance of energy, weight started pouring off of me and I was happier than ever - except that my skin was SUPER oily. I got three pimples in the same day - and I hadn't had a pimple since I was a teenager (I'm 31). I did a bunch of research and saw that there was a relationship between a higher metabolism and hormones (among other things).

Apparently (and this will make a TON of sense if you think about it) people with higher/faster metabolisms also have higher libidos, more energy, are generally happier and have oily skin - oh and they have a higher resting body temperature. And people with lower/slower metabolisms have lower libidos, less energy, are more subject to depression and have dry skin lustless hair. Think about teenagers - super high libidos, can eat anything, can't stop talking, generally happier. Also men are more likely to have a faster metabolism hence men have less problems with libido. ALSO think about why women who are struggling to get pregnant are often put on a diet to a)eat more, b) eat healthier foods, c) eat more often throughout the day - all strategies to also raise your metabolism. AND when they check their temperature to tell when they are most fertile. - sorry this stuff gets me excited - I love learning about all this stuff.

I put it to the test after I discovered all this, and sure enough - my temp was 98.2 - it has NEVER been that high, unless I had a fever. I am happier, feel like a teenager again - sure I had to buy clean and clear face wash and use an astringent twice a day - but I'll take it. The positives WAY out-weigh the negatives in this situation. Embrace it. It means your body is kicking into gear! Hooray :)

PS - my pimples cleared up - didn't take me long to adjust to my new skin :)
  • jenny138
    Options
    This is a GOOD sign! I, too, had (and sometimes have) the same problem except I have been a long eater of healthy foods and a chronic dieter - therefore had a slow metabolism. I lost a bunch of weight and plateaued - and never realized why I couldn't get to a point where I wasn't overweight - I obviously had more to lose, but it would ALWAYS stop at a certain point. When I came here I realized I wasn't eating enough and my metabolism had really slowed down. My resting body temperature was also really low (96) and I was having circulation problems (tingling in fingers and toes, cold, etc).

Within a week of eating more calories through MFP I had an abundance of energy, weight started pouring off of me and I was happier than ever - except that my skin was SUPER oily. I got three pimples in the same day - and I hadn't had a pimple since I was a teenager (I'm 31). I did a bunch of research and saw that there was a relationship between a higher metabolism and hormones (among other things).

Apparently (and this will make a TON of sense if you think about it) people with higher/faster metabolisms also have higher libidos, more energy, are generally happier and have oily skin - oh and they have a higher resting body temperature. And people with lower/slower metabolisms have lower libidos, less energy, are more subject to depression and have dry skin lustless hair. Think about teenagers - super high libidos, can eat anything, can't stop talking, generally happier. Also men are more likely to have a faster metabolism hence men have less problems with libido. ALSO think about why women who are struggling to get pregnant are often put on a diet to a)eat more, b) eat healthier foods, c) eat more often throughout the day - all strategies to also raise your metabolism. AND when they check their temperature to tell when they are most fertile. - sorry this stuff gets me excited - I love learning about all this stuff.

I put it to the test after I discovered all this, and sure enough - my temp was 98.2 - it has NEVER been that high, unless I had a fever. I am happier, feel like a teenager again - sure I had to buy clean and clear face wash and use an astringent twice a day - but I'll take it. The positives WAY out-weigh the negatives in this situation. Embrace it. It means your body is kicking into gear! Hooray :)

PS - my pimples cleared up - didn't take me long to adjust to my new skin :)

Very interesting... Thanks :-)
  • kfitz10103
    Options
    Yeah! I thought I had acne because I just gave birth to 2 kids in the last 2 years and my hormones were out of whack. I started a new bc when I started my weight loss journey and thought that may have had something to do with it. I am much happier knowing its because my metabolism is increasing!