Screwed up so close to goal

Options
Hey guys,
Need to motivation and support since I feel like I screwed up massively.
I'm 5'5 and weighing 139 lbs. I'd been on a steady track losing weight for about 3 months. I've got a big wedding coming up in 3 weeks and wanted to be at 130 lbs by Dec 23rd.
I'd been doing so well, and then finally screwed up last night. I ate an entire pizza by myself, and loads of junk food + alcohol. I was just feeling low, and caved. My calories count was normally 1300 and I ate almost 3000 last night.
Feeling awful.
Has anyone been there?

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    One night won't affect your overall progress. You'll likely have some water weight from the excess food and drink, but that won't hang around. Just forget about it and get back on track today.
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Get back on track today. You will have water retention from more food, carbs, salt, etc, but it really won’t affect you much! After a couple days the water retention will subside. It happens. We’re human and won’t be perfect. You can’t screw up in one day. It’s a process, and you’re doing a great job. Keep going. 🙂
  • tauntonmom
    tauntonmom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Don't try to lose those last 9 lbs in 3 weeks, it can't be done safely. Set your goal for a half pound per week.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You haven't screwed up you had a bad day so learn from it and move on. Now if you let this 1 bad day derail your weight loss then that would be a screw up but you won't do that so don't panic.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    with so little to lose, you should be aiming for 0.5 to 1 lb/week rate of loss, not 3 lbs/week.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Ditto everybody else! Right back to it and don't look back!!
    And as far as those 9 lbs. in 3 weeks, you're the only one who is going to notice whether you lose 1.5 or 9 lbs. Drastic weight loss like that is rarely successful long term without a major problem erupting. Slow, steady and enjoy the upcoming wedding no matter what your weight!!!
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and would love to be 139lbs. I haven't been able to break the 150s in months. And I echo what others have said - losing 9lbs in just a few weeks at such a normal BMI already is not healthy. Stay on track, keep up your good habits, and let yourself lose 1-3lbs in that time frame.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    tauntonmom wrote: »
    Don't try to lose those last 9 lbs in 3 weeks, it can't be done safely. Set your goal for a half pound per week.

This.
    Because you'll be much happier if you lose 2lbs or so before Christmas, than you will if you lose nothing because its too difficult to stick with such a drastic cut for 3 weeks.