Back Fusion

Options
I am a 44yr old father of 3 boys, was once very active and fit. 10 years ago I started having regular herniated discs, progressed to the point of spinal fusion-Lumbar. That was 3 yrs ago. I can safely say that I am pain free and have for the most part lost my hesitancy to regularly train again after multiple stops and starts with phantom pain. I was super cautious to make sure all was healed and I'm ready to go now I think. I have about 40lbs to lose with a rebuilt back and bum left knee, looking for anyone with similar goals to help keep accountable.

Replies

• dj_thomp1234
    dj_thomp1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had spinal fusion surgery in 2001. T12 - L2. I have chronic pain but it certainly could be worse. I could also stand to lose about 40 and would be happy to help with accountability
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say good to hear you're doing better. Spinal fusion doesn't sound for the faint of heart.
  • dj_thomp1234
    dj_thomp1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    mine was due to an injury (burst fracture of L1), so I didn't have to deal with the progression of herniated discs (but it did cause nerve damage that lead to kidney failure).