Eosinophilic Esophagitis

Options
Hello! I’m new to the forum and also started using MyFitnessPal to document my diet.

I was recently diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitis and was told by my gastroenterologist to adjust my diet. I also suffer from nausea and abdominal discomfort during and after a bowel movement. Basically I am to eliminate Milk, Soy, Eggs, Wheat, Peanuts and Seafood.

Has anyone had this issue and has this diet mod helped? Thanks, looking to forward to the responses.

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    The 6food elimination diet is only supposed to be an elimination to find the/a potential trigger for EoE. It should be done following biopsies to get the current status of the esophagus and followed by yet another biopsy to check if it helped at all.

Considering how restrictive that diet is, check if your doctor can't give you a referral to a registered dietitian. Your best bet would be an RD specialized in allergies as EoE is suspected to be a local allergic reaction to one of the listed foods, so they are likelier to have knowledge about it in the first place. They also usually have a wealth of resources to help you avoid a malnutrition due to the wide range of foods your doctor wants you to eliminate.