Single mom in need of support team

Options
Hey everyone I’m Stephanie. I’m 26 years old I have a beautiful 3 year old . I weigh 316lb this isn’t even my heaviest. I need a good healthily support team . I have no positive support in my life . I’m hoping I can meet some people and maybe a life long friend. I’m trying to lose weight to keep up with my 3 year old. I lost my mom at a young age I don’t want to have that happen to my child.

Replies

• alexishufford5791
    Options
    Hello my name's Alexis. I'm a young mom of twins I'm 18, and 200lbs currently. I've been struggling with emotional eating and portion control. I would love to be friends and support each other. I personally feel emotional eating will be my hardest challenge, I have lived with depression and now have been diagnosed with post partum. I don't have much support where I live and it's very difficult watching my friends go out to fast food restaurants alot without me.
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your journeys both of you. I have 2 grown up kids but when they were small I never stopped but I also ate really badly. I lose 4 stone when the youngest was 2 but it’s come back. He will be 21 in January....
    Stay positive and be a fabulous role model for your children.
    😁💪🏼❤️
  • KSNelson2013
    KSNelson2013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie! Im 219lbs and yo you alot. My highest weight was 236lbs but Ive been able to keep that off successfully over the last 4 months with my great support team I have now! So I know how important it has been. Go ahead and add me and I will definitely be part of your healthy support team. I have a little one thats almost two and I can understand why you want to be around for your little one. That is also 1 of my reasons and goals to keep on moving to lose the weight. I'm currently working on getting more weight off and feel that my support team has helped me a ton. If you want to chat more feel free to message me when your in need of support! I also have fitbit and do regular challenges on there if you happen to have that tracker brand!
    Also, im sorry you lost your mom at a young age and im glad your making life decisions to be around for your little one!!! I commend you single moms! Keep it up, one day at a time is all it takes (atleast thats what I tell myself when i fall off)!

-K
  • macaylac_
    macaylac_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My names Macayla, mom of a 15 month old and currently at my heaviest of 168. I lost all my baby weight immediately after having my daughter and gained it all back within the past 15 months. I feel I have no control when it comes to food and I have no motivation/drive to workout. I always think of doing it and I feel like I want to but once I'm like ok let's do it, I make up a million excuses to not. I need someone to hold me accountabe, and vice versa!
  • SkinnyMomma02
    SkinnyMomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies I’m Brandi I’m a single mom of two boys 11 and 5. Always looking for other mom friends and to help keep me on track on this weight loss journey.
  • Krista_Knits52
    Krista_Knits52 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I’m Krista, 35 and mom of 3 (7,5 and 22 months). Been on my weight loss journey for over a year. Started at 230, got down to 162, but got complacent/fell off the wagon for a bit now I’m back to 175 😖. So I’m trying to get back on track and would love to have other mom friends on here for support/motivation. Please feel free to add me!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was a single mom to a very young daughter for many years, and I understand the struggle. I am here to support and uplift any mom that needs it -- and who doesn't? I do, sometimes...sometimes a lot.

Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hello my name's Alexis. I'm a young mom of twins I'm 18, and 200lbs currently. I've been struggling with emotional eating and portion control. I would love to be friends and support each other. I personally feel emotional eating will be my hardest challenge, I have lived with depression and now have been diagnosed with post partum. I don't have much support where I live and it's very difficult watching my friends go out to fast food restaurants alot without me.

Hi! There is a group here on MFP called "Emotional Eating." I am in that group, and there is some good support and resources.
  • lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie! There is a monthly accountability group called Women 200lb+, Let's Double Down This December!!! (That is this month, it will become a new thread at January and so on!). All ages, all weights (some have beat the 200lb mark), but we are all kind and supportive. I encourage you to comment, bookmark the thread and send any of us friend requests! Best wishes on your journey!
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I’m Stephanie. I’m 26 years old I have a beautiful 3 year old . I weigh 316lb this isn’t even my heaviest. I need a good healthily support team . I have no positive support in my life . I’m hoping I can meet some people and maybe a life long friend. I’m trying to lose weight to keep up with my 3 year old. I lost my mom at a young age I don’t want to have that happen to my child.

add me!!