Mindful eating challenge!

Options
alice_climbs_rocks
alice_climbs_rocks Posts: 42 Member
edited December 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Who is tired of counting calories, to the point of being obsessed with numbers? Who has a history of disordered eating and wants to stay safe? Who wants the chance to focus on what they are eating and eat when hungry, as opposed to when their calorie count alllows it?

I fall into these categories and I'm sure that I am not alone. If you want to join me in this journey back to eating naturally, reply to the thread. I will be posting everyday, and the only thing I or you need to do is report, for each meal, whether you ate mindfully.

For example:
Mindful breakfast
Mindful lunch
Not so mindful dinner (watched TV while eating and overate).

I see this as a good alternative or complement to the UAC, which didn't suit my approach to eating.

Good luck and see you tonight or tomorrow!

Replies

• ctupdu
    ctupdu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a really good idea. I know I am at fault when it comes to eating a snack. I start reading or watching TV or even baking and I snack while doing it and I realize when I'm finished I have eaten wayyyyy too much. Accountability is a great way to watch what you eat. I will do my best to check in each day.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I like counting calories. The process depends on the planning and the expectation of logging what is brought out to eat.

And, the statement you made of "disordered eating" brings to mind the principle that one cannot fix one's own brain. That is why they call it "compulsive."

Sounds like you want to go back to what you had before. And, I did see the Ted Talk.
  • KateKellyBauman
    KateKellyBauman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did you continue this?