we all scream for ice cream!

Options
my fiance and i are going out tonight and i really really want ice cream! i have about 1,000 calories left for the day but whenever i eat something that is "bad" for me i beat myself up over it and get mad at myself. even if i do not go OVER my calories. is it ok to eat this junk if you have the calories or is it better to just stick to healthy food?

Replies

• AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    get a kids size sorbet.. don't beat yourself up about it. This is a lifestyle so you cant deprive yourself of everything all the time
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    you can actually eat just about anything you want and lose weight, as long as you are in a caloric deficit.

I'm working my way through the 20 pints of Ben and Jerry's i have in my freezer that i picked up on sale
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    yah when i went to Cold Stone Creamery w/ the fam I got the sugar free guilt free cake batter ice cream and just a small kid's size. So go that route, and have them mix some strawberries or fresh fruit of your choice in it.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Eat skinny cow ice cream. I got some of that over the weekend and 1 ice cream is like 100 calories and its pretty good too.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is not junk! It's some of the best stuff on earth. I have ice cream just about every single day. :)
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    I love ice-cream. I have done since I was a toddler. I will not deprive myself of it as chances are, I'll only binge on it when I'm next feeling rubbish about something. What I do now is either eat weight-watchers ones, walls solero's (low cal - about 99 for a lolly), or I buy a tub of good quality expensive organic ice-cream & therefore don't pig out on it because it's too nice to waste that way :smile:

As you're going out, I'd go for a sorbet or ask for a small portion of ice-cream instead and take your time over eating it & enjoy it :smile:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    *I* just treated myself to a big 'ol chocolate cone last night as a reward, I had the calories left over to cover it - and I enjoyed every stinkin' bite! :love:

You *have* to treat yourself sometimes...especially if you have the calories to "afford" it.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i know i could get fat free or low cal options....but my fiance sometimes gets frusterated because i am always saying i can NOT eat things because they are too high in calories. sometimes i just dont want to think about it and i want to indulge....but then afterwards i feel bad for doing it. i just want a butterfinger blizzard lol
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    all in all, ice cream is not a bad thing to indulge in when made with whole ingredients. It's full of protein and delicious fat. The problem is the sugar content. Go with a smaller portion and enjoy every bite!
    In the future, opt for all natural ice creams like Haagen Dasz 5, Breyers Original, or Talenti Gelato

Living without ice cream is not living at all.
  • SweetStrawberry
    Options
    Cookies N Creme for me PLEASE!!!!
  • lclarius
    lclarius Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you are anything like me the sorbet and fat free stuff very little to curb my ice cream cravings. I def would not deprive yourself though, that just ends up to binging. Good luck! If i go out for ice cream I get a small cup (single scoop) which is usually only about 300 calories, 400 is i opt for a sugar cone. If I were you would i prep before hand, if you know what ice cream place you are going to plan ahead so you know what you are getting and arent distracted for a large brownie sundae with hot fudge.

If you are having trouble with the guilt maybe work out first and use the ice cream as a reward for your hard work out
  • jamieannmcgee
    Options
    its actually pretty good for, well vanilla is, and any other kind is in moderation. eating and drinking very cold things actually helps you lose weight. think about it, somethings really cold, so your body (using energy) tries to warm itself back up. thats why ive starting drinking my water with a TON of ice cubes in it. plus during the summer it always feels good to eat or drink something that cools your off, especially after working out. :) so enjoy, just dont overindulge.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Swiss Miss makes a 100 calorie fudge bar that is wonderful.

Also I like orange sherbert
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have had a small (which is actually two scoops) full fat gourmet ice cream cone every friday this entire summer and I've lost 29 pounds! Don't feel guilty at all. The spike in calories will raise your metabolism so if you eat really well the next day you'll probably have a loss :) Eat away!
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    yah butterfingers and reese cups and nutter butters are my weakness. I love the peanut butter but i just have a pb cup shakeology and feel better :smile:
  • pepperdine
    pepperdine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I say go for the blizzard - just get a small or even the new mini size.

I splurged on a small pecan cluster blizzard a couple weeks ago and had my best weekly loss to date. You can't deny yourself these things or you will make this impossible to stick to. Just make sure you are only treating yourself periodically and not all the time!

Enjoy every bite!!!!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is not junk! It's some of the best stuff on earth. I have ice cream just about every single day. :)

THIS!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is my weakness too, so I don't keep it in the house. On the occasions when I splurge, I get the smallest size they sell. Moosetracks is my favorite or peanut butter iditerod....