365 Days of Calorie Counting-35 pounds lost

MarisaMSimon
MarisaMSimon Posts: 277 Member
edited December 2019 in Success Stories
The other day when I logged in to MyFitnessPal, I saw the 365 day streak and almost screamed. I never thought I would get this far, but I’m here. I always would tell myself that I’ll start every Monday and I would make excuses for not exercising or binge eating. Eventually, I woke up one day after scrolling through the MyFitnessPal forums and I decided to make a drastic change to my lifestyle.

I tracked all my calories on a weekly basis and I would eat whatever I wanted in moderation. This was the key for me. I always thought that in order to lose weight, you had to either do one of those fad diets, cleanses or eat 100% healthy (whatever that means). I had to do something that I can do for the rest of my life and this was it. Calories are king.

During this year, I ran my very first 5K and I crossed the finish line at 35 minutes, got my blood pressure from prehypertension to normal, and reduced all of my cholesterol levels on my blood tests. I would say that’s a success! I also went from working out maybe once a week to roughly 5-6 times a week. My doctor was shocked when I told her this and she saw me for the first time since 2017.

I’ve included a couple of before and during pictures below. Wish me luck on the next 35 pounds! I only have 7 pounds left to get out of the obese BMI!

My stats:
Female 5”3 28 years old
Starting weight:219.2 lbs
Starting weight on December 3, 2018: 211.4 lbs
Current weight: 176 lbs
Goal weight: 141 lbs
Ultimate goal weight (middle of normal BMI): 123 lbs

cy0edvjytw0w.jpeg
sgkdwsm5v317.jpeg
0v6o73e6fam5.jpeg
5c82pu97d8pj.jpeg
nashwwqo309h.jpeg
oz5i95zlk5cw.jpeg
5hjszpa06490.jpeg
slyzn3q25c1f.jpeg
yu7cjnsyzt26.jpeg
qmbj0djum5vz.jpeg

Replies

• heatherschnitzler
    heatherschnitzler Posts: 12 Member
    Wow! @MarisaMSimon, you are doing great! You look amazing!
    You and I have similar goals! I’m hoping to reach 135lbs by July 2020! I feel like this is attainable for me and isn’t too drastic.
    I’m currently at 165-167ish (it fluctuates), but I started at 184lbs.
    I tried a bunch of fad diets in the past as well and none of them ever worked; only calorie counting has helped!
    Good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • Joyjas
    Joyjas Posts: 18 Member
    Awesome work!!! Love this post because I am trying to do it the same way. I gave myself a goal to track everyday for one year with the goal of a 50 pound weightloss. I have been good in the past about losing weight but then I stop dieting and gain it all back (and then some). This time I decided to just do it slow have a treat if I want a treat but don’t go overboard. I hope I have your results at my year mark!
  • MarisaMSimon
    @Joyjas I really appreciate it! I think that you'll get there! It's definitely takes time to get in the groove, but once you do, it'll all pay off! I definitely take diet breaks here or there depending on vacation weeks or once I lose some weight and I need a mini break from being on a deficit. Listen to your body! :smile:
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    123 is my goal weight too! Gorgeous pics. I find that logging has an effect on me within a couple weeks. Took two weeks this time for my brain/stomach connection to kick in.
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Wow- you look amazing!
  • MarisaMSimon
    @wapan thanks so much! And that’s amazing! Good luck with 123! It seems daunting to me now, but with perseverance, we’ll get there 😊
  • MarisaMSimon
    @fitpal4242 thanks so much! I appreciate the support!
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    You look great!!! Congratulations on your success! We’re the same height and I’m aiming for the same goal weight of 123 too!
  • MarisaMSimon
    edited December 2019
    @bear2303 Thanks so much! We can do this!!!
  • Pompey66
    Pompey66 Posts: 4 Member
    Refreshing sensible approach, with consistency being the goal. Great effort and well done you x
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    What an amazing transformation! Congratulations! :)
  • MarisaMSimon
    Thanks for the love @Pompey66 and @GummiMundi ! It’s really helpful to keep it going when others see the progress as well!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,306 Member
    Wow, you look fantastic! (Check out those sexy calves in the pic with the floral dress. ;) ) Well done, and good luck as you continue!
  • MarisaMSimon
    Thanks @bobsburgersfan 😊
    I definitely noticed that after I took the picture!! Thanks to all the fitness classes I take at the gym, I can see some great muscle forming! I appreciate it!
  • victory291
    victory291 Posts: 15 Member
    Amazing work @MarisaMSimon ! I’m so inspired by your post and you look beautiful and vibrant ☺️
  • ajroseyoung
    ajroseyoung Posts: 4 Member
    You’re so inspiring! I’d love to hit 365 consecutive days of tracking. Maybe you inspired my 2020 resolution😊😊
  • MarisaMSimon
    @victory291 thank you! I believe weight loss definitely makes me more confident. I'm so glad that I can inspire you! :smiley:

@ajroseyoung that's a wonderful new years resolution! It's so doable. I know this sounds cliche, but if I can do it, so can you! I just had to want it enough! Thank you so much for your kind words.
  • lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    You look amazing and thanks for showing realistic expectations for lifestyle changes and weight loss. It is motivating! You should be very proud!
  • MarisaMSimon
    @lilann1961 my ultimate goal was to be realistic on my weight loss plan so that I can stick to it for the rest of my life. That is one important thing I realized once I got into a routine. Thank you so much!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!