Any advice? Please

Options
Hi guys my name is Pam and I guess I’ll just dive in! I want to lose weight but honestly have no idea how or where to start. I weighed myself today and am at 200lbs, that’s the heaviest I’ve ever been. I want to work towards bettering myself because I’m not comfortable in my own skin any more. Do you guys have any tips on what I can do to start and keep going?

Replies

• snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam! My advice is to create a diet plan for yourself that isn't too strict. Leave some breathing space for yourself because there will definitely be times when you need that little bit of leeway. Like ice cream? Include it in your diet! There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to eat the foods that you love so long as you count those calories and fit them into your daily allowance. Finally, "dieting" doesn't have to be all or nothing. Need a break today? No problem, get back on it tomorrow. Good luck, try not to stress about it!
  • Pamm____
    Pamm____ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam! My advice is to create a diet plan for yourself that isn't too strict. Leave some breathing space for yourself because there will definitely be times when you need that little bit of leeway. Like ice cream? Include it in your diet! There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to eat the foods that you love so long as you count those calories and fit them into your daily allowance. Finally, "dieting" doesn't have to be all or nothing. Need a break today? No problem, get back on it tomorrow. Good luck, try not to stress about it!

Thank you! I will definitely be doing this ; I’m ready for some change and this will be my first step :)
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above post, don't think of it as a "diet", it's a lifestyle change. And don't beat yourself up if you have a less than stellar day, keep going and get back on track the next day. I find that logging everything is your best bet for success, it really works if you're honest with yourself. You've come to the right place, the folks on here are a true inspiration and I sometimes have to remind myself that everyone, even the most uber althetes, had to start somewhere, the important thing is that I started. You can do this OP, slow and steady wins the race! ;)