Workout DVD

Options
Can someone please recommend a very intense workout DVD. But no dancing....I tried Tatitian Hip Hop tonight....I have NO coordination and get very frustrated with dancing despite me wanting to be able to dance...please dont say Zumba....I can't do it and I spend the time standing round saying lines like 'what the...' or 'how the ....'

I want to burn serious calories whilst doing the video and don't want to do 5 minutes here and there, I want to do an hour solid at least. Thanks xx

Replies

• Newbiez
    Newbiez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    P90x :happy:
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Get the Jullian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Three levels and do one level for 10 days and so on. Good luck.

P90X is a very good one. Just need to be motivated and really stick with it.
  • Yarrum84
    Yarrum84 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ministry of Sound - Pump it up! The Ultimate Dance Workout! is good, but I advise you to close your curtains when doing this, it can be a bit raunchy lol.
    I know you said no to dancing, but I don't find it that dancy.
    I have two left feet and nil co-ordination like you lol. I don't complete it because I find it a bit hard, and also embarrasing at times lol.

People on here talk a lot about Shred and I'm considering buying that,
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    30 day shred!
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    a nice one is walk away the lbs with Leslie samson. 3 mile walk is about 600 calories if not more!
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    p90x is great and it sounds like what you are looking for, if you have some exercise bands if not there are a few other dvds in the package such as the kenpo x which is 1 hour of kenpo (martial arts) at an aerobic pace, and there is also a dvd in the package that does poly-metrics for an hour and its high intensity .. i found them both great they last about an hour each you can rotate between the two, you work up a good sweat and build strength and balance at the same time, you can work around the equipment need .. p90x works for me .. there could be some others out there but i have the p90x, i have heard the jillian michaels 30 days shred is real good but havent tried it
  • PageSalyers
    PageSalyers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training. Its intense!
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I got Tae Bo total body fat blaster at Wal-mart for I think around 10.00. It is 55 minutes long and burns a ton of calories. I cannot keep up with the dancing dvd's either. Hope that helps:)
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    All love all of Chris Freytag's videos. The Prevention ones are pretty good. check out amazon.com.
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    JM 30 day shred is only $10
    and you sweat like no tomorrow!
    its only 30 days and you can repeat...(27min a day)

I also own P90x but its 1 hour each day
    and its for 90 days..it is more expensive for
    the DVDs...
    I liked it while doing it...I just did not keep it up.

Either one gives you great workouts!

Good luck!
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Jillian's Ripped in 30 or Insanity Workouts
  • caffeinatedmomma
    Options
    I also am doing 30 day shred. It's been working well for me so far, and since I have kids, 20 minutes is about all I can sneek in.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Zumba. They give you the dance moves to learn and then you are good to go. :) Really it is great. if you have Wii get it for the wii.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Banish fat boost meatbolism if your looking for just cardio, no weights.
    No more trouble zones if your looking for only weights.
    30 day shred or ripped in 30 if you want a mix of both.
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Anything jillian michaels! I started with 30 day shred, now work on banish fat boost metabolism and 6 week 6 pack. They are all killers! But in a good way ;)
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    Okay well I just bought and paid for the 30day shred. Going to give it a whirl and see how it goes. I just haven't found a work out as of yet which makes me sweat or makes me feel like I am dying which is what I want. Thanks Guys
  • bethcook
    bethcook Posts: 12
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme - another Beachbody workout. I've done P90X and Insanity and by far, ChaLEAN Extreme most suits me. I love it!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I second Leslie Sansone Walk At Home - this is not dancy AND no choreography. You can bump up the intensity with hand/ankle weights. You can add (more) arm movements, use bigger steps, higher knees, etc. ..... you can make the intensity your own.

For a free preview check out exercisetv.tv.com ..... there are 3 free ones right now. Start! Walking 1 Mile (slow) & 2 Miles (quicker) .... but the 3 mile one ($2.99) is the fastest. Cardio Slimdown is also free.
  • PrixFit84
    Options
    Insanity is really intense and worth it if you can get through it...