Boxed up half at the restaurant

Options
mkupartist
mkupartist Posts: 79 Member
This may be a VERY small victory in the grand scope of what some of us are doing here but hey... it's something.

I am SO happy that I went to a restaurant and ate only half my meal (which was a good choice based on the menu) and boxed up the rest to bring home. I have never been able to do that. I've always started with good intentions but I end up nibbling at the rest and some times before the box arrives, my plate is clean.

Left the place full, because i've increased my water intake, and happy I did not overeat. Woot!

Replies

• chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Great job! Every choice in the right direction is a victory!
  • snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    Nice! It is always hard for me to do that.. Once I get started, I can't stop eating it :P
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Huh? Is that because of the giant size portions you get in the US?
  • danaocny
    Options
    I started doing that about 2 months ago as well. As soon as my plate comes I ask for a take home box and wrap up half the meal before I even start eating. That way I'm not tempted to nibble on the rest of the plate.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Huh? Is that because of the giant size portions you get in the US?

Although I agree, the US portions are astronomical at some restaurants, I still HIGHLY COMMEND mkupartist for her VICTORY..!!... :drinker:
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    WTG, we had a date night and a gift card or Olive Garden (no bueno for the diet) and so I ordered my food, boxed it at the beginning. The waiter looked disturbed when I asked for a box as soon as he put my plate down. I set it aside. Enjoyed my meal, ate the rest the next day and that way, I knew what the calories were for both meals. It is a great feeling and I didn't feel deprived at all...WTG!!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Actually that is a HUGE victory!!!!! Let it be the start of many!!!!
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I started doing that about 2 months ago as well. As soon as my plate comes I ask for a take home box and wrap up half the meal before I even start eating. That way I'm not tempted to nibble on the rest of the plate.

That is a great idea. i rarely could eat all of my food. lately I have done it twice :( I never really was a person to eat everything, my fiancee can acount for that.

Great job!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Great job. I manage a restaurant and it often surprises me the amount of food people eat. I know they can't be THAT hungry! I have one couple that comes in, they both get an order of potato wedges (14 ounces each order) and then a sub each, (7 inches white bread, at least 3-6 ounces of meat, 2 slices of cheese plus toppings and 3 ounces of potato chips) They eat it ALL! My mouth just hits the floor.....not to mention the ranch dressing for the wedges and 3 glasses of tea each.
  • mkupartist
    mkupartist Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm pretty proud of myself and really enjoyed those leftovers guilt-free.

I'm so glad to hear that other people have the willpower to do the same, even ahead of taking the first bite. It emboldens me for the next time we go out to eat!

Best wishes for all of you!
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sweet, leftovers! Great job!
  • Angelamu77
    Options
    That is awesome! WTG

I struggled with that as well until now when I order I will ask for an empty plate. When my food comes I will make my plate of what I will eat and box up the rest right away. Sometimes places will just bring you half the meal out and box the rest for youso you don't even have to see it!!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I think that's awesome! I keep going in with those exact intentions, but somehow my food disappears before I get my box. :( Need to work on my self control some. But Way to Go!! :D
  • e_amanda
    e_amanda Posts: 19
    Options

Great idea! My SO always ends up eating off my plate whatever I leave behind. Not only do I miss out on yummy leftovers the next day, but he's already consumed a full meal plus drinks and really doesn't need the extra calories!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!