Why would you wear your Fitbit while cheating?

Options
NFL Network correspondent Jane Slater says she caught an ex cheating after their shared Fitbit app showed a sudden giant bump in his heart rate and physical activity at 4 a.m.

Slater says she “loved” the Fitbit the former boyfriend gave her for Christmas. But the gift backfired in a big way. According to 39-year-old Slater, she and her ex would spur on each other’s workouts by mutually tracking their activity meters. Then she noticed an unusual bump in his heart rate in the middle of the night.

https://pagesix.com/2019/12/05/nfl-correspondent-jane-slater-caught-her-ex-cheating-via-fitbit/amp/

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Why was she awake at 4 a.m. tracking her boyfriend? Insecure much? 🤨
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

Pure speculation, but she may be someone who wakes up at 4am for work or to exercise, noticed that her boyfriend wasn't there, and then, for whatever reason looked at the fitbit app,
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

I dont have a fitbit but i am sure it graphs your activity throughout the day and she checked it after sundown lol
    What I’m wondering is how she knew he was with someone else instead of, you know, alone.

Hes not a lefty.. ba dum tss. Cringe.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    roflmfao-455x270.jpg
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I’m curious about this shared Fitbit app. Unless he has a Fitbit for 8 year olds (Which don't track HR), That’s not really a thing.

I know Fitbit data was used in a murder trial in CT where the husband claimed to have found his wife dead at such and such a time, but the Fitbit app recorded the wife’s movement after that time.

But someone else real-time seeing heart-rate/activity that’s happening on someone else’s Fitbit? Only if they have that person’s login info (which is very possible) and that other person is syncing data continually (would require full syncing -like opening the app manually - to get all the way to the Fitbit servers to update the info she would have had to look at to see this kind of info-plus the app would be looking for the other person’s tracker at her location as soon as she logged into his account (preventing him from syncing at his location)) and the person checking happens to go into each and every stat (on the other person’s account) and open the daily detail from there and check times and scroll along and....

Unless she’s talking about another tracker altogether and just calling it a Fitbit.
  • therealmarceline
    therealmarceline Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    He clearly wanted her to find out
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Maybe he got up to use the bathroom. My HR rises every time I stand up. :D