Keto diet

Options
Hi is anyone her following a keto diet, I need some advise. I have worked out how many carbs protein and fat I should be in taking with a keto calculator and the first week I lost 9lb yet this week nothing is this normal it's just I have a really tight (medical) deadline to lose this weight (another stone). I am exercising aswell most days but am highly stressed will this affect it? Thanks xxx

Replies

• andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I'd guess stress will affect things.
    Losing 9lb week 1 is huge
    My experience suggests 4for women and 7 for men, the second week can be stagnant then 3-4lbs a week is usually achievable thereafter.
    Use an electrolyte tablet daily.

Hope that helps
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Yes it's normal. The first week with keto is all loss of water weight.

You still have to stay in a reasonable calorie deficit.

Yes stress will affect weight loss.

If you are under a medical deadline, surely your medical team has given you healthy guidelines for losing the stone? How long do you have?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    dannie2483 wrote: »
    Hi is anyone her following a keto diet, I need some advise. I have worked out how many carbs protein and fat I should be in taking with a keto calculator and the first week I lost 9lb yet this week nothing is this normal it's just I have a really tight (medical) deadline to lose this weight (another stone). I am exercising aswell most days but am highly stressed will this affect it? Thanks xxx

Yea, it can be normal, especially if you came off a terrible SAD style diet. Also, given that you just started to exercise, it's possible that you are retaining a bit of water to help repair your muscles. This is a natural physiological response. Also, keep in mind that you wont' see huge losses every week. After the first week or two, it goes back to the normal 1/2 - 2 lbs a week, especially for women since they don't burn as many calories as men.
  • dannie2483
    dannie2483 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Many thanks to you all it looks like my operation has now been moved to February instead of 20th of December so the pressure is off a little x