Stupid things people say

Options
I was doing a muscle max class (similar to Body Pump) this morning. Anyway, as some people were leaving before stretching and the instructor said, "if you don't stretch when you get done you'll lose 90% of what you just did" HUH? I get I'd lose some flexibility and be a little more sore, but I still don't get where she would have gotten that info.

Any one else have something like that happen?

Replies

• annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I was doing a muscle max class (similar to Body Pump) this morning. Anyway, as some people were leaving before stretching and the instructor said, "if you don't stretch when you get done you'll lose 90% of what you just did" HUH? I get I'd lose some flexibility and be a little more sore, but I still don't get where she would have gotten that info.

• cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wow..that's nuts!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

scare tactic, lol, she probably feels insulted when people leave, and just spews sh** outta her...well..you know, to let em know she isn't happy...:laugh: I run Yoga classes, and body sculpt classes in my studio, people leave all the time before and after, it's not her place to judge, or to say anything, you have no idea someone else's schedule, and she doesn't know that they haven't stretched beforehand or that they are going to do it after...on their own time.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I seriously think she believes it. She didn't seem sarcastic at all. It was like she was just repeating something she's heard. It was weird.
  • epmuh8
    Options
    my hs track coach used to tell us that if we sit down right after a hard run "it'll all go to our hips." it was his way of scaring us (especially the girls)...but most importantly he wanted us to do a cool-down run, instead of just collapsing on the grass and have our muscles tense up, not get rid of lactic acid in our muscle, and so we wouldn't be as sore tomorrow. maybe the stretching is for cool down...although there's nothing true in what she says?
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What a fast way to lose credit with people. Just because they're in your class doesn't mean they don't know anything! DUH!

Any chance you'll approach her about it next time you're in class to see if she really believes it and where she's getting this insider information?
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    What a fast way to lose credit with people. Just because they're in your class doesn't mean they don't know anything! DUH!

Any chance you'll approach her about it next time you're in class to see if she really believes it and where she's getting this insider information?

lol, I agree, ask her to think about what she's about to say before she actually opens her mouth to say it. I have daughters like her, they can talk alot about nothing and have you convinced they know everything, just in the tone to which they say it, it's truly a gift! lol :flowerforyou: