Friends? How about a whole family! You can do this!

Options
mtaratoot
mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
Guess what? You can do this!

If you're looking for friends, why not adopt a whole FAMILY? Do you want someone to help encourage you to stick to it? Looking for supportive and friendly motivation? I'll tell you a place to find it. It is in the GROUPS portion of the My Fitness Pal community.

Navigate on over to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2019-2020-soon. Poke around and see what we're doing. Join us if you are so inspired. If you're only partially inspired, maybe the group can help.

New teams will be drawn up in January, but go ahead and get in there now. I'm looking forward to mixing the teams up and starting another year. The only requirement for the group is to post your weight once a week. That's it! Your team gets points if you lose weight or if you are at your goal weight and maintain. Your team does not get any penalty if you gain weight, just bonuses for losing. Pretty spiff if you ask me, but you didn't so I just had to put it out there.

There's also some little challenges each week, but they are not required if you're not interested. Sometimes they are fitness, sometimes diet, and sometimes other things. A couple weeks ago we practiced gratitude. You get to earn points for your team in a friendly "competition." There are also some ongoing challenges, and you get to set your own goals for these challenges. If you do participate in the ongoing challenges, you can earn more points for your team. Each week, team results get posted. Your only prize might be feeling good about yourself for meeting your goals. If you don't meet your goals, you have a friendly family right there to encourage you to stick to it.

I invite you to come join us! In fact, I challenge you to come join us :wink:

Just click on the little green "Join" button.

Replies

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    This is a really great group! When I joined MFP, I luckily found this group. It has helped me lose 30 pounds and get fitter.. and I’m in my early 60s..

Come join us!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    This group has had quite a few people sign up the last couple weeks. Come join us! I'm sure there will be another rush after the holidays. It's great seeing how supportive everyone is, and the challenges are fun. This week's is getting outside every day. The idea was to get vitamin D, but with dark skies, it's still just good for us to be outdoors even if that local star isn't giving us a dose of D3.
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,103 Member
    Options
    Tried to join for January several days ago, hope you got my request. MFP has been kind of flaky these past weeks. Cheers, Marian
  • mtaratoot
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Mariang165 - I don't see you listed as a member or as having requested to join. I know MFP has been buggy lately, so maybe your request just didn't make it? Look for an invitation in the NOTIFICATIONS portion of the Community pages and accept it, and I'll see you over there!

Specifically:
    1. Go to your Community Tab
    2. Look for your notifications.. the little bell
    3. Press on bell and you will see an invitation “Please join my group”
    4.When you press on “group” you will see the Group. Just press JOIN and you are in!

p0g154yr2u33.jpeg

b8cqm0awr3xa.jpeg

0zpcltwhdnc1.jpeg

b01adc1ls3oa.jpeg

• Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,103 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot thank you, I just joined! I will read all the announcements over this weekend and supply all the requested info. Btw, thank you for your excellent instructions as I am “technically-challenged” 🤣. Looking forwards to connecting with the Group!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    I "borrowed" the instructions that @Andreabroadley wrote on another forum. Why re-invent the wheel when there's already a good one out there. I'm glad you found it, and I'm glad I checked back in. I would never have known you had tried to join.

I think you'll enjoy the support and general good attitude. See you over there!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Applied :)
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Glad you could join us!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Our little group (Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep It Off) is currently assigning teams, and is still accepting new members for 2020.

Come join us!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    We have a great group shaping up! Come join us!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Four days left to join. Teams will be finalized after January 3. We would love to have you come join us.