Brittany Runs a Marathon (movie)

Options
Has anyone else seen this movie? I just watched it on Amazon and was surprised at how good it was. Posting about it here because it might be motivating for some.

I used to be exact weight as the lead character and I went through a very similar journey in my twenties.

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I love that movie!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've only seen previews but it looked good, and I love that Brittany isn't some hideous beast in the beginning like a lot of movies make heavier ladies out to be.
  • francesca_grey
    francesca_grey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yeah there were some body positive messages in there which I was pleasantly surprised to see. The movie was more about her health than skinniness but it’s still Hollywood...
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes it was better than I expected. I’m sure many of us can identify with parts of it. PS Not appropriate for kids, I was asked about this so just thought I’d mention it.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Great! I might watch it. I just looked it up and it is included with my Prime membership. I'm not really a runner as I pull muscles soon after every time I begin to train but I'm sure it will still be motivating to see her getting fit over the course of the movie.
  • inky92
    inky92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Loved that movie, it has made me consider taking up running. I downloaded a Couch to 5k app because of it - now just to actually open the app!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I just watched it. It was really good and there were lots of moments that I thought were very accurate regarding weightloss such as the hurtful comments others made to her and her unresolved anger she went through when visiting family (which did get addressed). I like how they didn't paint her to have an easy journey to the marathon as well. She dealt with many struggles along the way.
  • chantellempape
    chantellempape Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great movie. Love the new wave of woman-powered movies. Late night with Emma Thompson and Mindy Kahling was great too! Not a weight-centered movie but down the same vein of self-empowerment and fighting insecurity to become who you truly want to be.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I watched it over the weekend and cried when she was gonna pack it in. Something very similar happened to me, but my hubby got me through it. I will watch that one again!!
  • effervescent11
    effervescent11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just watched that movie last night. It hit very close to home. I loved that she was unsuccessful the first time, because that would be too "Hollywood". Life does not go that easily.
  • JulieCA76
    JulieCA76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I watched the movie, I found it inspiring. Could've done w/o some of the R-rated, but it did hit home. Like the person you think is your friend but she only cares about herself . I thought there would be more running, but it was still good. I liked the "journey" that getting healthy involves your inner health, not just your body.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Found this on Amazon, trailer looks fun... slightly hesitant about some of the content (I had a hunch there would be some, previous comments confirm that). Might go watch it while I pedal away on the trainer, help keep my mind off of the monotony.