What can I make with Wheat pasta (Penne)

Options
I don't know what to make with Wheat Penne pasta any ideas?

Replies

• MaudeBeige
    MaudeBeige Posts: 282
    Options
    I make onion and tomato sauce with courgette and mushroom... May be an idea? If I have the calories spare then I may add some tune or you may like cheese?
  • MrsVagus
    MrsVagus Posts: 82
    Options
    I made a pasta salad the other night with pasta, grilled chicken, red peppers, broccoli, olives, and peas. I dress it with Wishbone bruschetta (THE BEST SALAD DRESSING EVER!!!) but you can use whatever is handy! So good and refreshing on a hot summer day, and you can put whatever you have in your fridge in there.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    A little olive oil, fresh tomatoes, chicken breast, and whatever other veggies you want to add, makes a nice summer pasta.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Anything you'd make with regular pasta? Mix in some sauce, chicken, melt some cheese on top. Makeshift ziti!
  • crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make ground turkey pasta with it...we never eat spaghetti (the noodle) because it's too messy.
  • Margaret0626
    Options
    The Bill Phillips "Shrimp Scampi" is made with penne whole wheat pasta. It's yummy! http://www.bodyforlifecoach.com/AspNetForums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=703
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What about lobster or crab, peppers, olives and a little mayo/milk combo? (The milk to thin out the mayo so less is more).
  • angelew
    angelew Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Heat up a can of diced tomatoes, shredded chicken and a little pesto sauce...add the cooked penne, toss and top with a sprinkling of parmesan.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I had Penne today for lunch! I just used bottled pasta sauce, steamed some broccoli, boiled some shrimp and tossed it all together. Sprinkled on some cheese and voilla, lunch! :)