Where'd it GO!?

Options
I had a baby in January. I was already heavier than I'd ever been when I got pregnant, and then I gained 40+ lbs. My husband, apparently, LOVED pregnant me. He was always squeezing my muffin top (Eww, I know) and whistling at me. Seriously? I felt enormous, unattractive, bloated... anything negative and I felt it. And my husband would tell my I was a sexy pregnant woman?? I never understood it AT ALL.

So now, 7 months later, I've lost all my baby weight and 10 more! Yay! Last night, my husband and I were grocery shopping. He put his arm around my waist, instinctively reached for my muffin top, and then stopped dead in his tracks. He then proceeded to exclaim (loud enough for several people to hear), "Honey... Where did your muffin top go!?!?" I could have died.. it was so funny and embarrassing!

I don't care how much my honey likes the fluff.. I'm not going back!!

Replies

• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    sorry but that made me lol and my hubby was the same way during pg he loved the baby bump on his woman lol

congrats on your NSV and smile and tell hubby he needs to find other places to snuggle now because the muffin is gone
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My muffin top is starting to go away! Finally....!!! can't be more excited about it:) congrats on your loss
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    hahaha awwww! that is adorable! and congrats dear :)
  • BBBgettingfit
    BBBgettingfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's hilarious! I hope to experience that soon - my husband doesn't get it when I get offended by him patting my post-baby belly or pinching my muffin top!
  • Yarrum84
    Yarrum84 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :sad: I have an 'Apron' it's horrible.

Had to laugh at what your hubby said and did though lol.

What is NSV?
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    I had a baby in January. I was already heavier than I'd ever been when I got pregnant, and then I gained 40+ lbs. My husband, apparently, LOVED pregnant me. He was always squeezing my muffin top (Eww, I know) and whistling at me. Seriously? I felt enormous, unattractive, bloated... anything negative and I felt it. And my husband would tell my I was a sexy pregnant woman?? I never understood it AT ALL.

So now, 7 months later, I've lost all my baby weight and 10 more! Yay! Last night, my husband and I were grocery shopping. He put his arm around my waist, instinctively reached for my muffin top, and then stopped dead in his tracks. He then proceeded to exclaim (loud enough for several people to hear), "Honey... Where did your muffin top go!?!?" I could have died.. it was so funny and embarrassing!

I don't care how much my honey likes the fluff.. I'm not going back!!

Amen Sister! \

My husband is the same way, and I Hate It! I cant' wait until my muffin top is gone for good (of course he'll just go back to pinching my butt, but what are ya gonna do):tongue:
    (of course my baby is 4 so it's a long time coming to finally make it go away)
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, that is a cute story :)
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?

Non Scale Victory

The things that can not be measured with a number, such as losing inches, or a co-working noticing. (Or trying on a little black dress and it zips right up, as such happened to me last night! :happy: )
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Love that story - and congrats on losing the muffin top!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!