Doggy Running Buddy Appreciation. Pics Please :-)

Options
Hello All,

After my run this evening i thought i would introduce you to my running buddy. I'm so proud of her!! Even though she's still very young, she's so well behaved and when she looks up at me with those big brown eyes, she's all the motivation i need to go for a run. She keeps me going and always makes me laugh as she flings herself around, wags her tail and runs around me.

She never complains, she's always ready and keen to go for a run. Any time, any place, any where, in any weather.....The perfect running buddy.

She is now 16 months, a little older than in this picture. Shockingly her health and fitness is going much better than mine. She's lost weight so i have to feed her more, her coat is shiney and the vet says shes text book healthy.

Does anyone else have a doggy running buddy????

Bonnie2.jpg

SL381912.jpg

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    So cute!!! My baby is too old to run with me but he sure did in when he was in his prime =] he's a chihuahua lol
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My puppers (in my profile pic) is my running buddy....although since he's a mastiff and I'm out of shape, our running is really jogging a block here and there during our walks. He's so funny: when he's caught his breath and ready to go again, he looks up at me all sweetly like, "Hey! Can we go fast again now?!?" I :heart: my puppy :smile:
  • ddboone
    ddboone Posts: 61
    Options
    My dog Calliope is 4 months old and is my daily walking/running partner. There are a lot of mornings where I just want to let her out and lay back down, but once she sits underneath where her leash hangs and looks from me to the door ... well, I know I can't let her down. Once we're out there, we both enjoy our morning exercise. I've lost more than 20 pounds thanks to her. :happy:
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I don't have a doggy but I had to stop in and say how cute yours is :smile:

If you can believe it, I actually have a kitten that helps me exercise. She cracks me up the way she nibbles on my feet until I finally give up and get away from my computer long enough to work out.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    My Sierra used to be my walking and running partner, but she's almost 13 and can barely make it for a 1/2 mile walk around the block any longer. That, however, doesn't keep her from "asking" for that walk almost every evening. I'm half considering getting another dog just for this reason, even though I swore I wouldn't get another dog after she's gone.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    no but currently looking at the local shelters website. hopefully i'll have a new buddy soon.

and looked at Craigslist but that just made me sick how many people are willing to give up thier pets. (oh i have to move, blah blah blah) and then ask for money on top of it. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

im of the mindset that you bring a pet home for life.
  • CatClark
    CatClark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous! I would love a pup to run with but were renting at the moment, just not the right time to get a dog sadly.

We do have a very cheeky ferret called Monty, but he has his own ideas about which direction we should be heading when we take him out for walks ;)
  • Sarah8311493
    Options
    Definitly, i could never give my Bonnie up. She's part of our family...really shes our first child, shes loved that much. Dont know how people give dogs up.

Hopefully with Bonnies help i'll eventually see some weight loss :-)
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My doggie is a Boxer named Gradie! He's my 4th child. LOL!! I would post a pic but i have no idea how to do it on a thread.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    A very old one of me and my baby boy! It takes him about a mile to settle in but he is the best running partner I could ask for!

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj166/VanHoeck/IMG_0342.jpg
  • lyknscribe
    Options
    Marylebone
    9616_1233333999259_1406446932_30686471_4193733_n.jpg
    photo.php?fbid=1378816756237&set=a.2000911268211.2123684.1406446932&type=1&theater
    photo.php?fbid=1857018910992&set=a.2000911268211.2123684.1406446932&type=1&theater

Sorry I don't have one kid with out the other in the picture!

Marylebone was a side of the road puppy we rescued, as far as we can figure she is lab.shepherd.chow.pitt mix.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    My walking & hiking partner is in my profile pic. She's my baby:smile:
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bonnie is gorgeous.

I cant wait to get a puppy when we move into our own house in October/November. I currently live with my partner and his parents and we own a cat which i adore but I grew up with Staffies so am really looking forward to getting a walking buddy:-)