40lbs down. Halfway to my goal.

Options
I should hit my 40lb down mark today or in the morning. I started off at 288 and am now sitting happily at 249. (6'2)

Let me tell you about some of the things that have happened:

1) My belt was on the second notch when I started. Ive now cut an additional hole in it, and am in desperate need of cutting another one.

2) I was a size 42 going into a 44 when I started. Monday, I bought my first pair of size 38 jeans in years. (Im closer to a 36 than a 40)

3)My XXL shirts look huge on me. The XL shirts I have are getting too big.

4)I have gotten comments from everyone I know about how much I have lost.

5) "New" clothes in the back of the closet I couldn't wear because I was too fat, I can wear now.

6)I feel amazing. Totally amazing.

7)Im running 2-3 miles a day or more. When I first started I couldn't run more than a few minutes without stopping.

8)My resting heart rate has gone from 70bpm to 40bpm.

9)My blood pressure has dropped from the "incredibly high range" to the "normal" range.

10)Did I mention I feel great?

This is a combination of C25k (completed, btw), calorie counting (MFP), some lifting, and alot of self discipline. But its been EASY! (Why didnt I do this 10 years ago?!?!) Getting started is the hardest part by far. 2-3 weeks in and its smooth sailing. I run 2-3 miles 6 days a week, but am about to try and step up my mileage drastically and start taking taking every other day off to try to keep from getting injured. I eat 1k-1500 calories a day (+/-) and stay pretty in tuned with what my body is telling me. If Im hungry I eat. Only had one cheat day really. Had some pizza, felt sick afterwards. Im not doing anymore cheating till I hit 210 at least.

Anyway, when I hit 230 Ill post some before and after pics.

Replies

• kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is fantastic! You are a great inspiration. Keep up the good work!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!
  • SeattleGrl
    SeattleGrl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congratulations!!!
  • divadoll41
    divadoll41 Posts: 188
    Options
    ***High Five*!!! Keep up the good work!
  • tmoreau
    tmoreau Posts: 5
    Options
    That is fantastic! Keep up the great work!!
  • PaulaButHag
    Options
    Good job. Keep of the good work.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Buy a new belt dude. You deserve it!!!!!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well! Congratulations on your weight loss and your self discipline!!
  • lillianjeanlouis90
    Options
    Thats Awesome gives me Hope!
  • Billspeller
    Options
    great work!!!!!! I just joined and like to read success stories In April this year I was 263 today I'm 218! You and I are almost the same....... smaller belts and waists I'm just getting into 38 pants now I was in 42 I'm 5' 11.
    Keep up the good work I wish you well.
    Bill
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration! Congratulations on your weight loss! It looks like you have developed many good habits for maintaining your weight when you've reached your goal. Keep up the good work!
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That is great, keep up the good work!!! Give yourself a pat on the back :)
  • diplomad
    diplomad Posts: 51
    Options
    Thanks everyone. If I can do this anyone can...seriously.

The first two weeks are the hardest. After that its all downhill.
  • simsweet
    Options
    Thanks for that inspiration! I am on my third day and I am NOT
  • simsweet
    Options
    I am NOT well disciplined yet!
  • diplomad
    diplomad Posts: 51
    Options
    Dont quit! I know its tough. But get a few weeks in and eating healthy will start becoming more and more routine. You got to get out of the mindset of eating because it taste good and into a mindset where you look at food as fuel your body needs to run and nothing more.
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen
  • jjardina
    Options
    Very cool story. You are an inspiration for me to keep going. I just started a few days ago and reading about your success gives me hope. Thanks for sharing!
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Amazing, keep up the good work!
  • diplomad
    Options
    Hit the 40lb mark this morning! Thanks everyone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!