Guilt Free Chocolate Cake

Options
Super simple recipe someone told me about years ago! All you need is a box of chocolate cake mix and a can of diet cola, mix only those two ingrediants together and bake cake as normal. Top with fat free cool whip and you have the perfect guilt free dessert!!! You can also use a yellow or white cake mix, just use diet 7up instead of cola!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    oooo..... :D
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    what just powder and coke? :o!
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    YUMMY!!! I might have to try that.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    yup, no eggs or oil so u lose the fat, and its still super moist
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have tried it before and it was good but too sweet and a bit sticky. Going to try it again with just water. I topped mine with yogurt and light jam. it came to about 100 calories per cupcake and i made 24 from the box.
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    White cake works well w/Diet Orange too - to be different! The combinations are endless! Have you tried the Black Bean brownies????
    Another Weight Watcher trick!
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    As a baker, I have to say that sounds terrible. Also, feel it's more important to make your treats really worth it, not to simply switch to artificial sweeteners so that you can have them more often. I love chocolate, candy, soda, etc. but I don't have any of them very often. When I do, I make sure they're high quality and absolutely amazing so that the splurge is worth it.
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!! So how would you count the calories for this?? Sorry,i'm a lil OCD. HEHE :tongue:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy what's the nutrition info on this recipe?
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I have made this, but I have always put an egg white in also. *shrug*

(and I use the reduced sugar box cake from Pillsbury)
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    Yummy!!! So how would you count the calories for this?? Sorry,i'm a lil OCD. HEHE :tongue:

the side of the box has the calories of the dry ingredients.
  • ninalinda1014
    Options
    But, what about the cake mix itself, and I don't even want to ask about the sugar content of the diet coke. They say, "diet soda is the worst to consume when trying to lose weight"........just saying
  • maryham29379
    Options
    let me know how this works out
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    But, what about the cake mix itself, and I don't even want to ask about the sugar content of the diet coke. They say, "diet soda is the worst to consume when trying to lose weight"........just saying
    There is no sugar in diet soda. And this is a treat so enjoy it and dont over eat. This is the low fat/cal version of a regular cake .
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    let me know how this works out

It works fine that is why she posted it. I have tried it to and wrote what i thought.
  • Sixleafclover
    Sixleafclover Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting, Thanks!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    its actually really good and yes, just the calories off the mix itself counts
  • newMe936
    Options
    WW likes to give this recipe out too, plus the egg white. I make the individual serving by using a few tablespoons of cake mix and light yogurt; mixed together to make a semi thick paste and microwave for about 30-45 secs. You cant top with a few mini chocolate chips when cooked.