C25K Beginner

Options
Hello everyone! I've just begun my weight loss journey this past month and i'm also starting the C25K program in hopes of running a 5k in a few months. I've been trying to make a playlist that makes jogging a little easier and was wondering what everyone's favorite songs to workout to are? I know i'll listen to basically anything as long as it's catchy!

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I like listening to Deadmau5 on Pandora while doing my C25k :bigsmile:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have a playlist of uptempo 80s and 90s songs when I listen to music at all. My playlist includes artists like Huey Lewis, Duran Duran, Smashmouth, Barenaked Ladies and too many more to list.
  • u04kmm5
    u04kmm5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am doing a C25K programme. Mine was a 6 weeks one and I am 2.5 weeks away from the big day (eeep).
    I actually find that I don't listen to music AT ALL when I run because I don't like earphones. But when I do spinning, they play like proper hard core dance music (which I really hate usually) but it's actually good to get you going.
    Prodigy and 1990s UK club hits seem to be a big help!

Good luck on your training!
  • katejolee
    katejolee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I just started the weight loss this month too, I have been running 2.4 miles/3.8k over the last 2 weeks ! maroon 5's new song 'moves like jagger' has a good base to jog lightly too. Anything by example also has a good base. taio cruz 'little bad girl" is a favourite at the minute too.

~joanne
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm with killagb, Pandora. I have a Lady Gaga station that keeps me moving. Lots of Rhianna and other club type music like Casada, Timbaland, David Guetta... Pick something that makes you want to dance.

And congrats on the C25K. Remember, you can repeat weeks if you feel like you need to. Wear thick socks and get good shoes. :)