Another Newbie!!!

Options
Hello!
I am a 39 year old mom of two girls. I homeschool and am swamped most day with activities for my kids which I love!! However, suddenly, as I approach the big 4-0, I really desire to be healthier. I want to be fit and 40 not fat and 40! :laugh: So, here I am. I am trying to really watch the calorie intake and exercise regularly. Wish me luck! I have a lot to lose and I struggle with finding or making time for me. So far so good. I have stuck to my food intake guidelines for two whole days! Woohoo! Now, I need to exercise today. Anyone want to be a fitness buddy? Let me know! I know I always need a little accountability to keep focused.
Grins!
Jamers

Replies

• Doodlebean
    Options
    Hello!
    I am a 39 year old mom of two girls. I homeschool and am swamped most day with activities for my kids which I love!! However, suddenly, as I approach the big 4-0, I really desire to be healthier. I want to be fit and 40 not fat and 40! :laugh: So, here I am. I am trying to really watch the calorie intake and exercise regularly. Wish me luck! I have a lot to lose and I struggle with finding or making time for me. So far so good. I have stuck to my food intake guidelines for two whole days! Woohoo! Now, I need to exercise today. Anyone want to be a fitness buddy? Let me know! I know I always need a little accountability to keep focused.
    Grins!
    Jamers
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Your username made me LOL b/c I have nicknames for my kids that involve Doodle & Beans. :laugh:

Good luck to you! There are quite a few home schoolers on this board so hopefully you'll find some support from them. They're great ladies!

Welcome to the boards! :flowerforyou:
  • momof2gr8kids
    Options
    Hello! I'm also a 39-year old homeschool mom! Welcome! I know exactly what you mean about keeping busy with the kids! A lot of people think that since I'm home with my kids all day, I have tons to spare time. If they only knew! :laugh:

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Shannon
  • Binkylove
    Options
    Good luck!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • Doodlebean
    Options
    3 babybeans,

How funny! That is why I chose the name...my girls have nicknames with doodle and bean at the end. Too funny! It is a small world. Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!
    Can't wait to see where this new road takes me. :)
  • Esperanzas4
    Options
    Welcome. This is my first week, and I really love this site.:flowerforyou:
  • phatphanny
    Options
    WELCOME :smile: I too am a newbie here..love the site..wish you all the best luck on your journey