Options
    Mine is open!!!
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Driaa20 wrote: »
    I will not be judgemental at all.

I would hope not but am wondering why you felt the need to make that disclaimer. 🤐

Probably because there are so many posts where as soon as people open up their diaries, people judge them. It's for that reason I would never, ever ever reveal my diary - even as someone who has lost 32kg, reached goal and is in maintenance... The process is painful enough and hard as it is...

I have never personally seen this and I have been on MFP for 8ish years with a public open diary. I still can't believe someone would randomly say something to someone about what they eat. That's sad.

I've only been on MFP for a year but I've seen people having a go at someone for eating too much junk food/ too much processed food / too much sugar ... I get that it's bad to eat junk all the time but the first step is to even just log and that's a big deal for some people. By shaming people, you can make them lie / not log honestly ...

And for me, I'm at goal but I still eat a lot of sweets, junk food etc as well as eating more healthy generally. Maybe some people are happy only eating 'clean' and 'healthy', but for others like me, we enjoy eating yummier foods ... You're lucky you haven't seen any of the negative comments. I've seen enough to make me decide that while I was happy to request advice and post generally about what I was eating and my calorie budget - I was never going to actually share my diary.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options

I would hope not but am wondering why you felt the need to make that disclaimer. 🤐

Probably because there are so many posts where as soon as people open up their diaries, people judge them. It's for that reason I would never, ever ever reveal my diary - even as someone who has lost 32kg, reached goal and is in maintenance... The process is painful enough and hard as it is...

I have never personally seen this and I have been on MFP for 8ish years with a public open diary. I still can't believe someone would randomly say something to someone about what they eat. That's sad.

I've only been on MFP for a year but I've seen people having a go at someone for eating too much junk food/ too much processed food / too much sugar ... I get that it's bad to eat junk all the time but the first step is to even just log and that's a big deal for some people. By shaming people, you can make them lie / not log honestly ...

And for me, I'm at goal but I still eat a lot of sweets, junk food etc as well as eating more healthy generally. Maybe some people are happy only eating 'clean' and 'healthy', but for others like me, we enjoy eating yummier foods ... You're lucky you haven't seen any of the negative comments. I've seen enough to make me decide that while I was happy to request advice and post generally about what I was eating and my calorie budget - I was never going to actually share my diary.

🤷🏼‍♀️ Seems strange to randomly tell someone about what they are eating. Did they send you a private message chastising you about your food choices? I would have simply told them to stick their opinions where the sun doesnt shine and continue to do me. 😂🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options

I think you are missing the evolution of the issue being discussed. It typically goes like this.

Someone posts:

I'm not losing/not losing as fast as I'd like/ plateauing /gaining on 1400 calories/etc.

Replies say:

There are common logging errors. Open your diary so we can see.

They open their diary and then get piled on for the quality of their food choices. Not by everyone, plenty of people leave constructive criticisms, but enough get negative to upset the OP.

I've been on MFP just since July this year and I've seen this happen at least half a dozen times. It's amazing that you haven't witnessed it in 8 years.

I tend to stay away from those threads because the OP usually only hears what they want to hear. 🤷🏼‍♀️

And in the rare time I venture into those threads, it's usually suggested to weight and measure your intake. I have never seen finger pointing over chicken fingers and fries or some such. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I do notice that some people are more sensitive than others and tend to read things that may or may not be there. And if you're feeling vulnerable about your food choices, maybe posting a whole thread and opening yourself up to criticism isn't the smartest decision. But that's just me. I don't personally start threads. 🙃
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Anyone feel free to add me. I love looking at other people’s diary’s lol.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. During the holidays I’m tea just aiming for maintenance so it will certainly be uh interesting.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I log differently than most others. I tend to log my food for the entire week because I plan ahead but it might help you look at a whole week and how to plan out food that way. It helps me because I don't get into the habit of deciding what is for dinner at the last minute and then eating food that doesn't fit my calorie goal. I print out our dinner menu for the week, post it on the fridge and we stick to it as much as we can.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I log differently than most others. I tend to log my food for the entire week because I plan ahead but it might help you look at a whole week and how to plan out food that way. It helps me because I don't get into the habit of deciding what is for dinner at the last minute and then eating food that doesn't fit my calorie goal. I print out our dinner menu for the week, post it on the fridge and we stick to it as much as we can.

That's a great plan.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    That's a great plan.

It takes time and planning so it definitely isn't for everyone but it works for me :smile:
  • billhaderfan1
    billhaderfan1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mine is open!
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Mine is open... it could be just me but I would think if someone is specifically looking for open diaries...their diary should be open as well so the learning goes both ways👍🏽.
  • xodreamariexo
    xodreamariexo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mine is open anyone can add me !