very easy, healthy recipes?

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy recipes that are easy to make? Two challenges: I say easy because I'm in college and have a 2 year so I barely have any time. Also, I don't eat veggies. I know, I know but I just haven't tasted a vegetable yet that I can bare to eat :(

Replies

• blessing98
    Options
    I use a free website called "eat better america" that has all different kinds of recipes for dinner, snacks, breakfast, etc. Maybe it'll have something that will work for you. Good luck!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    do you have a crock pot?? i make salsa chicken. boneless skinless chicken breasts with a little taco seasoning sprinkled on them. dump in a jar of salsa. cook on low all day. when you get home you can shred it, put them on tortillas and add sour cream or cheese. hope you like this!
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think you need to try more veggies...and in more ways. Highly recommend the book "deceptively delicious". It's intended to be a cookbook for parents who's kids are fussy eaters but you may find it helpful to get over your own food phobias. Recipes are pretty easy but aren't really intended to be low fat/cal, though you could certainly do a few modifications in order to help on that front.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm in college and I fix myself healthy stuff all the time! (and I don't buy vegetables b.c. I eat my servings at the dining hall salad bar)

Here are some things I like to make:

-1/3 cup old fashioned oats cooked with water, and 1 sliced banana and 2T of peanut butter mixed in.
    -whole grain crackers spread with nut butter and low-sugar jam.
    -bagel thins with reduced fat cream cheese
    -trail mix made of sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, craisens or raisens, and pecans (optional: cereal, more nuts, yogurt chips, anything else)
    - yogurt makes a great late-night treat!
    -baked rice chips or pretzel crisps with salsa or hummus
    -a whole grain english muffin spread with natural pizza sauce, and a sprinkle of some kind of white cheese, heated until melted
    -a pita pocket stuffed with plain, cooked chicken breast, a slice of cheese, and a few thin, fresh apple slices (optional: spicy mustard)
  • melreesor
    Options
    Banana Pudding Pops
    Ingredients
    1/3-1/2 cup light brown sugar
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    Pinch of salt
    2 cups low-fat milk
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    2 cups diced bananas, (about 2 large)

Preparation
    1.Whisk sugar to taste, cornstarch and salt in a large saucepan. Add milk and whisk until combined. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
    2.Put about half the pudding in a food processor or blender and add bananas. Process until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Stir the mixture back into the remaining pudding.
    3.Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds. Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.

Tips & Notes
    Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: Ten 3-ounce (or similar-size) freezer-pop molds

NutritionPer serving: 82 calories; 1 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 3 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 41 mg sodium; 112 mg potassium.

Carbohydrate Servings: 1

Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (other)