My first 5K

all right Im all happy... i just came from the gyn and i ran a 5k on the treadmill, of course the time wasnt good but hey...good enouth for me....37 minutes ... runing most of it at 5 mph...
i did a few 5K but always walking/running... this time was just running... and it feels good...
without mfp it will be impossible... 16 pound loss, 5 k... what else???
thanks for the support..

Replies

• robsonaraujo
    robsonaraujo Posts: 47 Member
    all right Im all happy... i just came from the gyn and i ran a 5k on the treadmill, of course the time wasnt good but hey...good enouth for me....37 minutes ... runing most of it at 5 mph...
    i did a few 5K but always walking/running... this time was just running... and it feels good...
    without mfp it will be impossible... 16 pound loss, 5 k... what else???
    thanks for the support..
  • You did great!

You would complete a 10k in 74 minutes, which would put you in the top 1/3 of men running the midnight sun run (10k race in Alaska when i lived there).

Keep up the good work! I'll be joining you on the 5k runs 3x a week in about april or so.
  • :smooched: Hooray!!! Great job!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    great job!!!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Congrats on your success!!!! I am training for a mini in April and my 1st 5K race is next Saturday. (Colon Cancer Walk/Run). You have inspired me to try and run it. 5mph is impressive. I going for 4.0mph.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    congrats, that is so great.
  • robsonaraujo
    tks
  • robsonaraujo
    we gonna get there.... tks
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    WOOHOO!!!!!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!