40 and not so fabulous.

Options
Just turned 40 in August. I’m trying to get ahold of this out of control weight gain.

Replies

• moveandflex73
    moveandflex73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same. But just turned 46. I’m done. Not just with the weight issues but also with the aches and pains and lack of flexibility due to natural aging. Plan is to get to a good weight, eat more nutritiously, increase flexibility and range of motion, as well as increase muscle mass. Time to age in reverse! Will add you as a friend, if that’s ok.
  • 1DMA
    1DMA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! In 42 going on 66 it feels like. The snap, crackle, and pops when I get up from the couch or out of bed are frightening. My plan is to use intermittent fasting, drink more water- less diet soda, just be more active and slowly build into the once athletic body shape I had in my 30s... and to quit smoking. I've tried major lifestyle changes and took on too much at once. I failed within the 1st few days. I have a more realistic plan now. I'm doing it for me- as a police officer and my military career. I have to admit it is hard to do when your significant other is the devil's advocate. Here's to a new year and back to our 30s !!
  • ShellyBear511
    ShellyBear511 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    44 here. I've been gone from MFP for a few months, but was told by the doctor last week if I don't get my act together I'll be put on diabetes medication. I love to support my friends, so please add me.
  • Fayful77
    Fayful77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 this Summer and tipped the scale at 212. Heaviest that I’ve ever been. I work in a “helping profession” I need to help myself.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
    Things definitely change when you get into your 40s - some good, some bad. Lol.
    Hope you find much success with this site. It’s a good place to be 😊
  • awakens3lf
    awakens3lf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    42 and the struggle is real. After having two kids in my late 30's, I not only couldn't get the pregnancy weight off, I added some with sedentary desk job. Super excited to start this journey and see what I am capable of doing for myself. I learned the hard way that carving out time for myself and having the self-discipline to avoid my own good cooking is crucial to getting in the best shape of my life again. Happy to join you all in this journey.