Fave new low-cal junk food!

Options
disclamer: i promise i am going to make my way to the fresh meat and veggies- i swear. but one day at a time. for right now, low cal/low fat is the change i can deal with. fast, easy, microwave status is what works- so no lectures!

if you haven't tried them yet- special k cracker chips are it! 27 CHIPS for 110 calories! love this forever. and if you are a giant eagle shopper- two boxes for $5 this week and the boxes have $1 off 2 box coupons on them!

and morningstar veggie corndogs- i am a carnivore extraordinaire- and i swear to you by all that is holy they taste exactly like the real deal. 150 calories- 2 minutes in the microwave!

wanted to share.

Replies

• I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    YES! I love them!
  • EMNorris
    EMNorris Posts: 11
    Options
    I love, love, love those chips! Also, if you have a Trader Joe's near you - they have a new snack called skinny fries. It is a baked fry looking crispy thing and you get like 65 in a serving for 110 calories. Oh, and the skinny cow candies.... don't get me started. Snacking is a HUGE downfall of mine. I find if I can find a few good low cal snacks, I can snack without the guilt.
  • fish119
    fish119 Posts: 67
    Options
    I agree...the cracker chips are AMAZING!!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    bump.. maybe try these.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Gotta try those crackers!! Those veggie corn dogs...is it 150 cals for 1 or 2? And how much fat is in them? Just curious....I like the boca burgers myself and they taste just like the real deal for me! I love them!
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    YUM! I will have to try those crackers, and I do LOVE those corn dogs. The skinny fries at Trader Joe's are tasty as well! I also LOVE the Roasted Seaweed snacks that they have. They have a great potato chipish texture and are lightly salted and low calorie. Now I am making myself hungry... Ha!
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I will have to look for those chips. Popchips are pretty awesome too!
  • alyssa1980
    Options
    Those veggie corn dogs...is it 150 cals for 1 or 2? And how much fat is in them? Just curious....

We like the veggie corn dogs too! I don't know if I would say that it tastes quite like the real thing, but it's still a yummy treat :) It's 150 for 1 of them...according to what i entered on mfp, it's 3g of fat per corndog...
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is WOW ! WOW ! And again WOW !!! On those before and after pics. You look fabulous !! You lost 50 lbs and 15 years at least. Lol. I hope I look as well when I start to lose this weight. Great job !!
  • grizzman1234
    Options
    corndogs sound will try and skinny cow oce cream are really good only 110 cal great snack

:smile:
  • tifanietiberio
    tifanietiberio Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    yup- 150 calories for one with veggie corndog with 2.5 grams of fat. i think they taste very very very similar. but i do dip in ketchup..... so i dunno. it works for me. bc summertime picnic food is a huge downfall for me.

gotta try the trader joe's stuff there is one like 2 miles away so i will be heading over that way this weekend. thanks for the tip!

and while we are on the subject, lean cuisine is doing a spinach artichoke dip with a slice of pita bread- there are 2 servings per box and 200 calories per serving. i find it to be a really great post- work snack/appetizer type of thing. not quite dinner, but a really substantial and super yummy snack.
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    fiber one 90 calorie brownies....:) can't stop these!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I love all things morningstar... the corn dogs are great but some times my store doesn't carry them! :-( lol I love it though! My favorite low cal snack is one Sargento mozzarella stick! only 50 calories each!
  • Bump :)
  • jloncz
    Options
    great suggestions - thanks! just started this myself and will need some healthier go-to snacks. I'll start making my shopping list for next week.
  • phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean baked lentil chips with sea salt, and some salsa... yummy and filling
    Sometimes if I'm craving snack food, to meet my calorie limit I'll just snack instead of lunch. I try to do healthy snacks, so at least I'm getting some nutrition out of it.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    love the sour cream and onion ones