Having a really hard time losing weight, help!

Options
I'm 5'3" and weigh about 128. My goal is to weight 115-120 range. The last month I've been training for a half marathon while integrating the P90X work out routine. I currently run minimum of 3 miles and max 6 miles so far. I run on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. I do the P90X work out routine on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Sunday is usually a rest day or I just go on a power walk.
I'm trying to stay in my caloric intake range of 1200. Some days its hard because running and P90X drain a lot of energy from me for the day so I try to eat back my calories.
I try to eat healthy foods, one day a week I go out to eat, usually on Saturdays. But I mostly half a protein shake for breakfast, almonds for morning snack, a healthy choice frozen lunch, some kashi crackers, a cheese stick, an apple for snack, and for lunch I try to go with salads, skinless chicken breast dinners, lean pork dinners or lean ground elk meat.
I've been doing this for over a month and have lost 1-2 lbs! What else can I do?

Any suggestions?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,725 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weigh about 128. My goal is to weight 115-120 range. The last month I've been training for a half marathon while integrating the P90X work out routine. I currently run minimum of 3 miles and max 6 miles so far. I run on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. I do the P90X work out routine on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Sunday is usually a rest day or I just go on a power walk.
    I'm trying to stay in my caloric intake range of 1200. Some days its hard because running and P90X drain a lot of energy from me for the day so I try to eat back my calories.
    I try to eat healthy foods, one day a week I go out to eat, usually on Saturdays. But I mostly half a protein shake for breakfast, almonds for morning snack, a healthy choice frozen lunch, some kashi crackers, a cheese stick, an apple for snack, and for lunch I try to go with salads, skinless chicken breast dinners, lean pork dinners or lean ground elk meat.
    I've been doing this for over a month and have lost 1-2 lbs! What else can I do?

Any suggestions?
    Eat more.
  • rowmom
    rowmom Posts: 5
    Options
    I agree, you probably need to eat more and vary your calorie intake by a couple hundred calories from day to day.
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Your body thinks there is a famine
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I agree - you're not eating enough.

Your body is in starvation mode, so it's holding on to everything you put in your body. Your work outs are not burning calories effectively.

FEED THE MACHINE!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Hon, NO one should eat only 1200 calories and run ... not to mention 1200 plus running PLUS P90X. Girl, you are STARVING yourself. Eat more and I guarantee you'll lose weight and see some awesome muscles.
  • tabilw
    tabilw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I actually didn't realize I may need to eat more.
    Can anyone tell me how I might be able to improve my meal plan or the foods I eat, or if I even need to?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    You only have 7lbs to lose. You need to change your weekly lose to 0.5lbs. Then you need to eat all your exercise calories. It's not hard to eat that much if you do it all day. I eat 1800-2300 calories. 3 eggs for breakfast cooked in butter. Cheese, full fat salad dressing, red meat, milk, maybe even 2% or whole. Healthy food but not "diet" food.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have a training session allot like yours. I do p90x/running and insanity. I eat allot almost 2000 calories a day and I am having trouble loosing weight but my problem is not recent.

any how my point is that your intake is way to low! I can't imagine eating less!!

Have you noticed any other changes in your body? Body fat, measurements?

Cindy
  • tabilw
    Options
    I've noticed slight changes in my body shape, but nothing too drastic. I've been so used to eating 1200 calories now that I don't know how to increase those calories and with what.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    Try pre-logging things in.If you pre-log you can check how many calories etc are in a food before you eat it. Add peanut butter in (its great for protein as well as the other stuff you need). Switch your meals around if you can ~ eat something with lean meat and veggies for lunch, then eat a salad for dinner. Throw in a few apples or grapes or bananas for a snack :)

*I say switch things around so your body will have more time to burn off the meat for lunch. Also cause I've heard all my life to eat less at dinner. Another reason would be to get an idea of how much you need to exercise, or eat, to end your calories out. If you eat a bigger lunch you might not have to eat as much at dinner so it wont be as hard to finish out your calories for the day*
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    You're at a healthy weight for your height. What is your body fat percentage? If it's good then the number on the scale doesn't really matter as much. And I agree that for as much as you are doing, you should probably eat more.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Eat more you are not getting enough to do all the work your doing
  • tabilw
    Options
    I'm not sure what my body fat % is. How would I find out?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I agree that you aren't getting enough energy / nutrition to fuel your body for all that exercise. Your meal plan also seems quite high in protein and low in carbs. Carba aren't evil, they are a great source of energy, and you've recognized that this is what your body needs.
    Add in some wholegrain bread, brown rice, natural yoghurt, avocado, nuts etc.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I use Kalipers to measure mine, but there are different tools now available to measure body fat!

To increase your consumption you can try cooking with olive oil, peanut butter, whole egg, non diet stuff, and my favorite almonds!