Weight loss Journey - 50 lbs left.

rahimlj
rahimlj Posts: 239 Member
edited December 2019 in Motivation and Support
Lately I've been feeling more motivated at times but also not that comfortable with how I look. It's been good seeing some progress but I keep remembering I have a long way to go to lose 50 more lbs.

I started in the 190s again this year. When up to about 210 almost last and this year but been down. Never felt like logging that weight because it was a huge amount.

I used to be in the 120s around 19-21 years old. When I was younger I used to play more sports including soccer. I wasn't big but I was mostly thinner.
In my late 20s now and I've been weight training but also trying to drop fat.
Find it hard to be as motivated some days and I'm trying to stay motivated most of the time though 💪
It's good to have support from some ppl on here and even off of here that I've had. I try not to listen to some others who are more negative.
Lol positive vibes.

It's good to see a lot of you accomplishing your goals 💪

I weighed my lowest this year this week 185.2
Just a reference.

Anyone else on their fitness journey and can relate?
Consistency is key 👌
GL to all ✌️

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    Hi friend! Congratulations on reaching your lowest of the year! I think it's a tough time of year to stay motivated with the weather changes and holidays. It's so much easier when the weather is better and summer is approaching! You're 25lbs down from last year, be proud of what you've accomplished. Try to lessen your time with the negative people and extend it with the positive.

One thing that got me thinking recently was to think of what I want to accomplish by the end of the year. It's easy to think of Christmas and next year, but we still have a few weeks to make changes and accomplish things. Try making some shorter term goals to go along with the 50lbs down goal, I know thinking of weight loss in 5lb increments helped me not feel too overwhelmed and kept my encouragement up.
  • rahimlj
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Hi friend! Congratulations on reaching your lowest of the year! I think it's a tough time of year to stay motivated with the weather changes and holidays. It's so much easier when the weather is better and summer is approaching! You're 25lbs down from last year, be proud of what you've accomplished. Try to lessen your time with the negative people and extend it with the positive.

One thing that got me thinking recently was to think of what I want to accomplish by the end of the year. It's easy to think of Christmas and next year, but we still have a few weeks to make changes and accomplish things. Try making some shorter term goals to go along with the 50lbs down goal, I know thinking of weight loss in 5lb increments helped me not feel too overwhelmed and kept my encouragement up.

Heyy : )
    Thanks! I appreciate it.
    Yeah I think you're right. The weather has a huge impact for sure.
    I guess I should be more proud for sure and see it more in that way. 👌

You'll definitely accomplish more within the next few weeks yourself 👌
    Yeah see I was thinking of breaking it into smaller Tasks but I keep focusing on the 50 lbs. Maybe i will try 5 lb increments as well instead of bigger ones. thanks 👌 GL and talk soon. 🙂
  • harmonialpenguin
    harmonialpenguin Posts: 10 Member
    Hi
    I put on a load of weight after having a child.. I’m now at my heaviest I’ve ever been in my life! At my lowest I was 10 stone 4 at 21 years old. I’m 26 now and weigh so much more than that haha.

50 pounds is my goal too, and I’ve got 38 weeks to do it because I’m getting married. Really struggling though!
  • rahimlj
    Hi
    I put on a load of weight after having a child.. I’m now at my heaviest I’ve ever been in my life! At my lowest I was 10 stone 4 at 21 years old. I’m 26 now and weigh so much more than that haha.

50 pounds is my goal too, and I’ve got 38 weeks to do it because I’m getting married. Really struggling though!

Hey. I guess that's the time a lot of people add weight on! Im sure it isn't always as easy losing it after giving birth.

I believe that's around 140 lbs or more right? lol. At 18 years old I was around the equivalent of 8 stone to about 9 stone when I was skinny lol.

But yeah I guess we have bout the same weight to lose haha.

See I gained the weight when I got in a relationship and was forced to eat because I never liked food really haha.
    Im committed to getting back down but this time actually having more lean muscle lol.

We both need to do this. Also congrats! hopefully you can accomplish it by then. It isn't easy. Have you tried Intermittent fasting?