Go-To Lunch Ideas?

Hi Everyone! I'm in a lunch rut... what are your go-to lunch ideas?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I most often have leftovers from whatever we had the night before for dinner or earlier in the week...especially this time of year when we do a lot more big stews and casserole type dishes. I usually have a tuna salad a couple times per week...sometimes I have a sandwich.

On Sunday I did two pork tenderloin roasts with mushroom risotto side for Sunday dinner. We have plenty of leftovers, so that's what I'm having for lunch along with some steamed asparagus.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Soup, oatcakes and crudities with hummous,
    Wraps
    Salad - my lunch salad is quinoa/bulghar wheat/ cous cous with whatever chopped veg is to hand, cold roast veg is good, with a couple of falafel or hard boiled egg.
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    I usually do different salads - edamame, avocado, baked tofu, kale, quinoa. Today I have a tofu scramble! This time of year I'm making big batches of soup on the weekends and taking those in for lunch for the week. I try to look for different lunch ideas on pinterest so I don't get bored!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    This week I baked sweet potatoes and am eating those with black beans. With some raw veg dipped in ranch on the side and some chips or crackers. I usually go for easy.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I don't eat in the morning, so lunch is a great time for breakfast food for me...frequently whatever meat is leftover from dinner the night before, or a can of chicken if no meats are left...plus 2-4 eggs...plus some cheese...a couple minutes in the microwave and I have scrambled eggs with cheese and meat...super filling, quick, and all the ingredients are easy to carry in my lunchbox.
  • BUENOWIFEY
    BUENOWIFEY Posts: 1 Member
    My go to quick lunch that never fails are the Starkist Tuna Creations. I use a tiny scoop of the tuna on top of a parm crisps and top that with a dill pickle slice. 12 parm crisps and 12 pickle slices with the 3oz bag of tuna. ALWAYS a perfect lunch! Today is used the Deli Style tuna and it was 142 total calories, 3g carbs, 19g protein, 1g fiber, 6g fat. The Tuna Creations come in different flavors. My favorites are the jalapeno and lemon pepper and those have the least calories with the most protein :)
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    I tend to self sabotage if I don't have a plan so I purposely make enough for dinner one night to have leftovers for lunch the next day. On the days I don't have leftovers, it's something simple like a bag of tuna mixed with avocado on a toasted whole wheat English muffin and a small salad. When I do order take-out, I order vegetable pho from a local restaurant and add shrimp to it. (I keep frozen fruit, vegetables and shrimp in my work freezer.)
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    I'm so boring - I prep lunches on the weekend and it's always some combination of protein, veggies, and maybe some rice or potatoes. I just mix it up with different proteins and seasonings. I'm not really great at cooking complex meals, but having something ready to grab and shove into my bag in the morning is essential because I'm a zombie in the morning and my morning routine is probably 15 minutes tops before I'm out the door.
  • broccolini992
    broccolini992 Posts: 9 Member
    I usually prep some kind of vegetable soup on the weekends to eat off of all week. Easy, tasty, low-calorie. However, that coupled with my usual jello cup as a snack and oatmeal for breakfast does get me roasted at work for eating "hospital food" :D
  • AngryBecky
    AngryBecky Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks everyone!!!! I usually have some leftovers, but not always. I’ll try some chicken/protein + seasonings and some rice/ sweet potatoes and such.

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I've been on a turkey wrap kick:

90 calorie spinach wrap spread with Laughing Cow Cheese and sprinkled with a dill seasoning that I love. Turkey slices, broccoli slaw for crunch. Wrap it up and eat it.

YUM
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    I've been on a turkey wrap kick:

90 calorie spinach wrap spread with Laughing Cow Cheese and sprinkled with a dill seasoning that I love. Turkey slices, broccoli slaw for crunch. Wrap it up and eat it.

YUM

That sounds good... do you just buy broccoli slaw from a deli or something, or do you make it?
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,782 Member
    do you have access to a microwave at lunch? I often eat "Eating Well" frozen meals. There are quite a few options, there is minimal processing, and you can actually see the food before buying due to how its packaged.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    do you have access to a microwave at lunch? I often eat "Eating Well" frozen meals. There are quite a few options, there is minimal processing, and you can actually see the food before buying due to how its packaged.

These are the only frozen meals I actually like.
  • NicbPNW
    NicbPNW Posts: 47 Member
    Freshly!