Did I do something wrong??

Options
My workout this morning consisted of a 10 minute warmup on the treadmill (speed walking), then about an hour of strength training, then about 5 mins on the elliptical. After I got home, I ate something high in protein and drank my water... Since I left the gym, I felt extremely fatigued-- after eating I took a nap for an hour. Now that I've been awake for about an hour, I feel like I'm in a "haze" or like I'm "dreaming"...my calfs are getting sore and my skin on my arms feel hot but when I touch them with my hands they are cold?

I just hope I'm not dying or something--I just feel very strange and "out of it"

Any tips on how to feel normal again?

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You may be getting sick. We were just chatting about the stomach bug going around. It takes you out. If you get it take Dramamine and SIP Gatorage and water only.
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    You may be getting sick. We were just chatting about the stomach bug going around. It takes you out. If you get it take Dramamine and SIP Gatorage and water only.

I don't really feel sick tho, just weird--I was fine before I went to the gym..
  • ShaoonaRae
    ShaoonaRae Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Are you dizzy or anything? It could be your blood sugar. It happens to me sometimes. You could just be dehydrated as well. Just take it easy the rest of the day.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    take it easy for the rest of they day, you may have just been over working your body and it needs to relax. if it gets worse tomorrow, you may want to see a dr.
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    Are you dizzy or anything? It could be your blood sugar. It happens to me sometimes. You could just be dehydrated as well. Just take it easy the rest of the day.

No, not dizzy just in a haze..... I suppose I'll drink MORE water lol I'm just wondering if this is a common effect for someone who hasn't done a lot of strength training? Or if I did something wrong as in too much exercise or something?
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    definately could be dehydrated, you may need electrolytes, your blood sugar may be off, it could be a number of things, i would say drink a gatorade, and eat a snack, preferably a carb and protein combo. and take it easy. hope this helps!
  • TiffyCooper
    Options
    This may not be the possibility you were expecting, but is there a slight chance you might be pregnant?

Over-exertion while pregnant can produce the exact same kind of symptoms that you described. I may be WAY off the mark, and if so I am sorry. I do not mean to offend.
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Answer is simple. Sometimes when you fall asleep your body and mind enter a sleep mode that is hard to shake off. If you sleep for a short amount of time after working out (or doing anything for that matter) then your body thinks it is night time and if your force it up, then you will have a haze. Think of times when you get up in the middle of the night. In a haze? This is what your body is feeling on a smaller scale. You told it to sleep, and it said "Sure", but then you woke it up. It isn't from strength training. It is a physical response to the process you started by waking, sleeping, and waking again too soon. Hope this helps.
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    This may not be the possibility you were expecting, but is there a slight chance you might be pregnant?

Over-exertion while pregnant can produce the exact same kind of symptoms that you described. I may be WAY off the mark, and if so I am sorry. I do not mean to offend.

No not offended, I am PMSing though, my cycle should start on next monday, and my cycle was right on time last month and I am on birth control.. so hopefully I am not prego !
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    Answer is simple. Sometimes when you fall asleep your body and mind enter a sleep mode that is hard to shake off. If you sleep for a short amount of time after working out (or doing anything for that matter) then your body thinks it is night time and if your force it up, then you will have a haze. Think of times when you get up in the middle of the night. In a haze? This is what your body is feeling on a smaller scale. You told it to sleep, and it said "Sure", but then you woke it up. It isn't from strength training. It is a physical response to the process you started by waking, sleeping, and waking again too soon. Hope this helps.

thanks I hope that is the case!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    definately could be dehydrated, you may need electrolytes, your blood sugar may be off, it could be a number of things, i would say drink a gatorade, and eat a snack, preferably a carb and protein combo. and take it easy. hope this helps!

^^this
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Do you take a multi-vitamin everyday? That might help. :)
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

^this! I used to get sleepy and all over achey straight after workouts, and hot/cold flushes, then started having gatorade or powerade or something after and felt ten times better - and it hasnt happened since.
  • JohnnyStorm
    JohnnyStorm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have one day per week that I experience a similar thing.

I get VERY fatigued and tired and listless. It lasts anywhere from a few hours to half the day. In my case, there is something metabolic going on. I've noticed that the days after this happens I have my largest weight losses. It's my week long calorie deficit catching up all at once.

I'm actually looking forward to it again in about 4 more days :smile:
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    I have one day per week that I experience a similar thing.

I get VERY fatigued and tired and listless. It lasts anywhere from a few hours to half the day. In my case, there is something metabolic going on. I've noticed that the days after this happens I have my largest weight losses. It's my week long calorie deficit catching up all at once.

I'm actually looking forward to it again in about 4 more days :smile:

That is very interesting! Hopefully that is what's happening to me...
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Some people can nap and some people can't. I wake up in a haze if I've had a nap during the day, not worth it for me unfortunately.

GG
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU---- I have had this problem for the last 3 weeks. It usually happens after my Saturday run and lasts all Saturday and into Sunday. Dehydration explains it.. It's been hot and I run later in the day on Saturday's and sweat like a pig. Durning the week I run early in the morning so it's cooler and I'm not sweating as much. YEAH now I know how to fix it. Thank you!!!!!!
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU---- I have had this problem for the last 3 weeks. It usually happens after my Saturday run and lasts all Saturday and into Sunday. Dehydration explains it.. It's been hot and I run later in the day on Saturday's and sweat like a pig. Durning the week I run early in the morning so it's cooler and I'm not sweating as much. YEAH now I know how to fix it. Thank you!!!!!!

Happy to help :)