getting off that darn couch

so as i site here, --when I should be out doing my week 1 day 2 of c25k.. ;) I wonder what do people do to physically get off the computer chair, couch, bed, etc and GET OUT THERE and do their workout. Do you say something, eat/drink something, use a picture, etc...

I seem to procrastinate A LOT and slowly but surely get out to do my workouts. Unfortunately I can't workout early in the morning like I would like to because I am at school so I have to wait until late afternoon/early night before I can start...

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I just start. I know once I get started I won't be lazy, so I just start.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    I literally say out loud to myself, "Just DO it already!" Or something to that effect. Sometimes, if I'm being particularly stubborn, I have to cuss at myself. :laugh:

I've also been known to set the timer. 5 more minutes of procrastinating, then off to do whatever it is I should be doing. Not as effective as the cussing. :P
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    School or no school, the bottom line is it’s up to you. You are the one who looks in the mirror & decides what you want from you. Do what it takes to get yourself motivated, If it’s a scale in the kitchen next to the fridge, then put it there. You have to want change for you. The greatest thing about this whole thing is we can choose what size we want to be. Choose wisely. Best of luck…
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Everything is just an excuse, until you're ready to give up the excuses you'll have more. I decided one day I was done with excuses.

The first step out the door is the hardest.

Each time I think about skipping a workout I ask myself "Tomorrow what will I regret more, doing the workout or skipping the workout?" 99% of the time I go :D

Edit: I'm a wife, a mother and a full time nursing student. Somewhere, someone busier than you is running. Just do it! :D
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Dont touch the computer or sit down till ur workout is done. I find it helpful to put up a picture (i.e. to fit into a lil black dress) and i put signs up thru my house telling myself i want the change - 10k steps is unacceptable. it does help and work. Good luck:wink:
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    as soon as you get home put on your workout outfit and just do it!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    School or no school, the bottom line is it’s up to you. You are the one who looks in the mirror & decides what you want from you. Do what it takes to get yourself motivated, If it’s a scale in the kitchen next to the fridge, then put it there. You have to want change for you. The greatest thing about this whole thing is we can choose what size we want to be. Choose wisely. Best of luck…

That is a good idea, to put the scale by the fridge! I think I may try that out!
  • I usually go first thing in the morning... I set about 3 different annoying alams until I can't take them and get up lol
    I try not to even think about it.... It helps :)