Wedding weight loss

Anyone kicking off their journey to look kick *kitten* in their wedding dress? 8/2021 for me!!

Replies

• ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Hey there, you got this! Getting engaged kickstarted me back in 2017, and I lost 70lbs for my wedding in December last year. You're going to feel so beautiful on your wedding day!
  • llamamom90
    llamamom90 Posts: 2 Member
    ellie117 wrote: »
    Hey there, you got this! Getting engaged kickstarted me back in 2017, and I lost 70lbs for my wedding in December last year. You're going to feel so beautiful on your wedding day!

Ellie thank you so much!!! I'm having a hard time with feeling exhausted by the low calories. My sugars crash when I count for some reason.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    llamamom90 wrote: »
    ellie117 wrote: »

Ellie thank you so much!!! I'm having a hard time with feeling exhausted by the low calories. My sugars crash when I count for some reason.

How much of a deficit are you targeting?

Wasn't wearing a dress but I got down to my lowest adult weight before my wedding in 2013. Wish I'd starting lifting then instead of waiting until 2015.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    llamamom90 wrote: »

That sounds tough, what are your current settings on MFP? You may be eating too few calories and/or burning too much if you feel exhausted too often. Maintaining a deficit is the only "trick" to weight loss, but it sounds like you might be maintaining too much of a deficit. Give yourself permission to be human! Allow yourself to lose the weight over time, which you have almost 2 years until the big day. That is great preparation time for you to lose a lot of weight in a healthy manner, and hopefully without feeling exhausted.
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Hey! I'm getting married in August 2021 too. When we first booked it up, it felt like years away. Now it's next year and I'm fatter/bigger than I've ever been. We can do this!