any websites like MFP for budgeting?

Options
c2sky
c2sky Posts: 487 Member
I am having so much success with this. I figured that if I had someone checking on me to make sure I'm staying in a financial budget, it might help. I have found some free online budget websites like mint.com, but I worry about security.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I figure if I'm managing my health on line, why not my wealth? haa haa. I love to rhyme!

Replies

• ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    That would be awesome!!!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested to see if you get any recommendations. It would be nice for me too!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    bump!!!

that'd be awesome~!
  • JoyfulSparkle
    Options
    I love Mint.com, I've used it for 3 years, and haven't had a problem, yet. ;)
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I like Mint.com. But with budgets, really, I love spreadsheet. If you have an iPhone, Ace budget is amazing too.
  • ECB2011
    ECB2011 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have tried mint and it seemed complicated. I just use an excel spreadsheet. It works. Me and my husband actually just went debt free today :]
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    LorinaLynn completed her shopping today and was under her spending goal.

*sigh*

Yeah, it would be nice.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have tried mint and it seemed complicated. I just use an excel spreadsheet. It works. Me and my husband actually just went debt free today :]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

For the original question, I use an excel spreadsheet, which I can actually send to my phone and alter there too.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting to monitor your personal finances or business? And does it have to be online? I use Microsoft Money on my desktop for home budgeting, but it is no longer available. Quicken is still around. For business I use Quickbooks. I find it easier than Peachtree. I think Quickbooks has an online version. One could set up both home and office on Quickbooks. But none of this is really like MFP. Tell me more about what you would like it to do for you.
  • bcbman
    bcbman Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you find one please forward the information to US Congress and the White House
  • c2sky
    Options
    I have a spreadsheet, and our banks have free budgeting software. I'm embarrassed to say, that even though I have owned my own business for years, I have never used quickbooks. My accountant does my payroll and taxes. I just use spreadsheets, but I have no idea how to transfer that to my new android. This is just not my area of expertise. But even if I did know all that, I just thought if there was a website where I have a few "pals" checking on me every day, to make sure I remembered to log my expenses, and a friend to give me money saving ideas, or tell me what to do, when my income changes every month, or congratulate me when I walked away from something I really couldn't afford....it would be very helpful!
  • ECB2011
    Options
    Thank you! It wouldn't have been possible if my hubby wasn't working so hard in Afghanistan. Love him.
  • c2sky
    Options
    If you find one please forward the information to US Congress and the White House

THAT MADE MY MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just send me all bank account,credit card and SS numbers and I will take care of everything for you. :wink:
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    c2sky this is what I do for a living. I am happy to help in any way that I can. Just let me know.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options

CONGRATS!!!!!! This is a HUGE accomplishment!!!
    I wish I could say the same......someday =) its still a work in progresss!!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Regarding the Congress & White House comment...Yep! Made my night too! LMAO!! :laugh:
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I use yodlee, which is a lot like Mint. It's good for aggregating all your on-line bills and reward miles and bank account and whatever, and the budgeting is ok.

The cleanest way to budget is probably the Dave Ramsay method - envelopes with cash in them labeled "rent" "food" "fun" or whatever.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I use yodlee, which is a lot like Mint. It's good for aggregating all your on-line bills and reward miles and bank account and whatever, and the budgeting is ok.

The cleanest way to budget is probably the Dave Ramsay method - envelopes with cash in them labeled "rent" "food" "fun" or whatever.

I second Dave Ramsey method!!!!
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Dave Ramsey fan here too! He has some free downloads and his books are available at libraries. He has a class called Financial Peace University that my hubby and I went through. Great stuff. In fact I went looking for a weight loss site that was similar to Dave Ramsey's envelope system and found MFP :) He is also syndicated on the radio and his website offers a lot of help as well.