Starting over

Options
Hi so once again I had made some progress and then have up and gained it all back. I am again at my highest weight I have ever been. I am at my worst health wise. I suffer from vj he eating disorder and a lot of what is going on is the issues related to the binging. I also have depression and a couple other mental health diagnosis thta make it all harder. I have no support. I am trying to find a dietician and therapist that would work with me. I have no friends or family support. So I suppose I am here looking to meet new friends to chat with and offer me support. Feel free to message me. Thanks everyone.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    I'm going to suggest something that is not food or exercise related.

Volunteer. You may have an interest in computers? How about volunteering at a Senior Center or shelter or job training center teaching people basic computer skills.

Do you like to read? Volunteer to read to people in a nursing home or hospital.

You are valuable and you have skills and people need you and the care you can give. It is the cure for loneliness and isolation.

Good luck on your weight loss, definitely. But consider finding people to help.

• ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I currently volunteer at the animal shelter and am starting going back to school next month.

A huge well done to you for doing this despite your depression. Good luck with finding a helpful dietician and therapist.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    I currently volunteer at the animal shelter and am starting going back to school next month.

This is awesome.

:flowerforyou:
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I was once, still am in a way, 400+ pound boy myself. My current stats are 6'3" 193 this am. Low of 175 sub 10% bf. Weight gain has been intentional. I have been through my own hell in many ways. There will be many people who say losing large amounts of weight is impossible. It is hard. Harder to maintain. Never thought I would be a grizzled vet 3 years ago. I would love to give you one piece of advice. Calorie counting is great. Though I suggest a WOL change. It's going to be a struggle to learn new habits and forget the old ones. It can be done. Best wishes bubba.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    May I recommend seeking out a therapist who specializes in eating disorders? If you can’t find one by just searching on the internet, connect a local hospital for recommendations. If they don’t have available therapists, they will know ones in the area for you to call.