New here

Options
APPYMAMA22
APPYMAMA22 Posts: 11 Member
edited December 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hi folks,

I'm new to MFP. I'm 68, and coming back from several years of recurring illnesses and injuries (including cancer, which, thank heaven, has not recurred!) that turned me from fit, trim, and very active to sedentary. I've gained (and lost and regained some more) weight over that time. I just finished healing from a hip injury that had me sidelined for over 6 months, and have stabilized a repeat sinus condition that did the same.

So in a way I'm starting over. From scratch.

I took off 15 lbs this past year, which is great. I've been plateaued there for a quite a while, but I'm happy that my body is maintaining. I'm still 20 lbs from my goal weight, and have a lot of muscle, flexibility, strength, and endurance to rebuild.

My why, besides "duh!" is two-fold. I have a soon-to-be 4-y/o Appaloosa gelding with a congenital club foot. I'm not riding him until he hits his fourth birthday (May 2020) to give his bones a chance to be really solid. By then I want to be down to my goal weight so I don't stress his joints, and fit so I'm in shape to ride. The other why is I have some herniations in my lower spine, and am advised to get back to my younger-woman size. Plus, dang, I miss hiking and swimming and weight training.

So far I'm loving the app. Wow it is SO much better than the one I used to lose the first 15. Hands down. I haven't had to create one food. And the recipe importer is heaven.

Anyway, that's me. Glad to be here.

Replies

• kjp3553
    kjp3553 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the app! I’m a college student working to lose weight. I’ve lost around 13 pounds so far and have at least another 25 to go.

It’s great to hear that you aren’t letting past illness and injury get in the way of your goals! I know that was a personal issue of mine, with an injury in early high school leading me to quit sports.

I’ll send you a friend request, and if you’re open to it we can continue our weight loss journeys with each other’s support on this app!
  • APPYMAMA22
    APPYMAMA22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks!