Trying again.

Options
OK here I go again. I don't know if I'm a failure for being on so many diets and not succeeding or I'm a person who just never gives up and keeps on trying. Either way this is another attempt at losing weight. I lost some on ww just recently and then I saw a video on youtube that mentioned this website and it's free!! Anyway, wish me luck.

Replies

• jrogersj
    jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    We got this!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,117 Member
    Options
    joannlc2 wrote: »
    OK here I go again. I don't know if I'm a failure for being on so many diets and not succeeding or I'm a person who just never gives up and keeps on trying. Either way this is another attempt at losing weight. I lost some on ww just recently and then I saw a video on youtube that mentioned this website and it's free!! Anyway, wish me luck.

The important thing about MFP is the CICO principle: calories in, calories out.
    So you can forget this notion of 'being on a diet'! :smile:
    Just eat less and/or exercise more so that you are in a calorie deficit. You can change what you eat as well, but that's optional.
    The key is making sustainable changes for the rest of your life, instead of
    - 'going on a diet', losing weight and then going back to your habits from before you lost weight and gaining the weight back
    - alternatively: 'going on a diet', finding it too restrictive and hard to follow, giving up and going back to old habits

When I started MFP in August, I was surprised at how easy it actually is. I've lost 20 lbs so far, and aside from the 'nuisance' of logging everything I eat, it feels easy. I eat what I like, in smaller portions, and exercise to give me some more calories to eat and to feel fitter.

Set a reasonable weight loss goal in your MFP settings (slow and steady wins the race), weigh all your food, look at your long term weight trend (don't panic when for example water retention makes you gain a few lbs temporarily) and you'll be fine :+1:
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Definitely go for the positive reframe: not a failure, a person with the strength of persistence!
  • iamjoyce1
    iamjoyce1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day. You are not a failure. Keep trying and you will accomplish your goals. Congratulations on trying again.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    There will always be road bumps. Not every diet is for everyone. Persistence is key. You got this! This app is great in monitoring calories and establishing goals. Keep at it and you will get what you want. The user Lietchi offered great advise.
  • joannlc2
    joannlc2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the comments. It helps to know there are others out there who know the struggles.