Team WEIGHT NO MORE - September thread 1 (closed group)

Options
Well it is almost September so Team WEIGHT NO MORE - ENGAGE!! We are going to rock our worlds this month!

First, the rules. Straight from the Commissioner of this league, here they are as follows with my comments in (parentheseis): :

RULES OF THE CHALLENGE:

· Each team to have a thread on MFP and all team members notified: (This is done - Check!)

· Obtain everyone’s starting weight as of September 1st or the night before. (Please post your weight by hitting the reply button below and post it. If you do not want it to be public, PM me)

The scoring is as follows (If you have questions I’ll answer them for you)

· 1 point for each pound lost per team member

· 1 point for each team member who does ALL of their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member)

· 1 point for the other weekly challenges as posted each week.

BONUS POINTS

o Daily Exercise – If EVERY team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days Mon – Sat. the TEAM will be awarded an extra 5 points

o Weekly Challenges – if every team member log the weekly challenge as doing it for all 6 days Mon – Sat. the TEAM will be awarded an extra 5 points

This is all honor based so please be honest and encourage your team mates to be honest.

I will be making a few more posts shortly but here we go!! PM me at any time with any questions!! Lets rock this challenge!!

Replies

• Ajessie
    Ajessie Posts: 54
    Options
    270 - Can't weight to report a lower number next time! :P
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Good luck in this month's challenge! August was tough, but from Aug. 1-31, I lost 9 lbs and 5"!

My starting weight for this is 231. I am leaving on a cruise on Friday to Bermuda (hopefully won't be impacted by Katia!). I plan to work out every day (lots of walking and swimming) as well as do the daily challenges. I also plan to eat in the sit-down places instead of the buffet to make it easier to control what I eat. Add to that lots of water and I hope to come back without gaining any weight!

Any one else been on a cruise? Any tips for me?
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    Please note the following from Headquarters: "If you do not have a set of light weights, PLEASE do so."

More coming...
  • CINDYLOU1966
    CINDYLOU1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weight 190 .... was wondering what is the workout going to be I don't see them posted OK thanks
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    Also, I want to make sure everyone saw this note from Headquaters:

HOW DOES THE SEPT CHALLENGE WORK?
    Its very simple. You choose which exercise path you want to do for the day or week. Pygmy or BUSHMEN. Pygmy is more basic and low impact where BUSHMEN is the opposite. I would suggest trying something new! You do the exercises for the day. If there is a weekly goal meet that goal. Once a week you send your team captain an update saying I did all the dailies or I did 5 of them whatever is the case. Then send them your weight on Sunday. That's it. We compute the % of weight loss and your points for each day's exercise and add it together for a total team score. If all of your team completes the daily and weekly challenges you earn bonus points for the team. That's all there is to it really. I hope that helps!
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO THE PYGMY SERIES:

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES

This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    IF YOU ARE DOING THE BUSHMEN SERIES THIS MONTH - TAKE NOTE:

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!

Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    Please remember you can choose which excercize you want to do from either series any day. You could do Pigmy one day and Bushmen the next. All I need you to do is report to me that you completed a challenge for the day.

Just to make sure everyone is here and ready, please post something hon this thread so I can make sure everyone is here and ready! And PLEASE make sure I have your starting weight!

Come on Team WEIGHT NO MORE!! Lets rock this challenge!!
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    Could everyone please post something here so I know you found this forum for the team and also PLEASE make sure I get your starting weight. We Can Do THIS!!!
  • Shater92
    Options
    I am very excited!! This is the first challenge I have done!! Starting weight is 213.5.
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    You absolutely can do this!! We all can! Let's just keep talking and being honest about progress (or lack thereof)!! Let's go!!
  • kls79
    kls79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    starting weight 179.4
  • kls79
    kls79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So I can do the Pygmy on top of my 3 workouts a week at Curves, and my 10,000 step 5 mile a day goal....along with some extra Turbofire when needed.....is that all acceptable? AWE YEAH!! I'm READY!!
  • jvwheeler85
    Options
    Could you please post the video links for the Bushmen series workouts? I have no idea what some of those exercises are!! Looking forward to it!! Day 1 here we come!!
  • jacksonde24
    Options
    Since this is my first challenge, I will be doing the Pygmy series.
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    Here you go - Bushman Series with links to the excercises).

Go Team Weight No More!!

ADVANCED: Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo), 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4), 50 Wood Chops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g) and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc)
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    Yes - You can do Pygmy one day (if you have another workout routine that day, for example) and then the Bushman series another day (when you want to hard workout). You can mix and match as much as your heart desires!!

ROCK IT TEAM!!!
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    EVERYONE, PLEASE WELCOME Starkle09 TO TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE!

Starcler, please tell us a bit about yourself. Also, please review the challenge rules and this weeks challenges above - you are on the challenge clock as of right now!!

Welcome to the winning team!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This is going to be so exciting...im going to try the bushman workouts for the first week and see how it goes since im starting insantiy on monday. Starting weight is 156. Let's do this team!!
  • jacksonde24
    Options
    Since you indicate Mon-Sat to do exercises and daily challendge, do we start today or Monday???