Dairy Queen treats?

Options
I want to get something at Dairy Queen. I'm not really interested in something with no sugar, or little frozen bars or anything like that. I just want to get something with reasonable calories, but nothing horrible so I don't ruin my whole day. I was thinking about a cone, but I kind of want to get something a little bit better since I've been good with my dieting and exercising all week.

Are there any blizzards/sundaes that are reasonably lower in calories?

Replies

• Tracy184
    Options
    Maybe a mini blizzard? I bet all of the calories are listed on DQ's website.
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I want a treat, I get a small hot fudge sundae. It's not too fattening, compared to some of the other stuff you get there.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    the mini banana split sundae no chocolate is under 300 calories. stay away from cones, didnt realize how many calories they have. Check the calories under MFP database or Livestrongs website
  • Barbj56
    Barbj56 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Go to the DQ website. Looks like a mini blizzard might fit the bill:)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? I love Dairy Queen but stayed away until I reached my goal. If you really want it that bad then just eat what you like but be careful.

• vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Maybe a dipped cone? Check out the calories on the DQ website and make your decision that way . .

I have a DQ right by my work and it's hard to avoid it every day . . but I tell myself, if I really want it badly enough, I'll go there tomorrow and then the next day comes and yes - sometimes I go, but most of the time - I'm just "over it" by the next day and it was truly just an "impulse" craving.
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    I heard the mini blizzards are about 400 calories. I don't know if you tried the skinny cow's chocolate truffle bar. I was impressed. It's darn good, does not taste like "diet food", and only 100 calories.

If you like drumsticks, the skinny cow makes something simular. I've never tried it yet but it's 150 calories each.

:flowerforyou:
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I want to get something at Dairy Queen. I'm not really interested in something with no sugar, or little frozen bars or anything like that. I just want to get something with reasonable calories, but nothing horrible so I don't ruin my whole day. I was thinking about a cone, but I kind of want to get something a little bit better since I've been good with my dieting and exercising all week.

Are there any blizzards/sundaes that are reasonably lower in calories?

Good luck with that! Maybe you should get some sugar-free fudgesicles. They're only 40 calories each. I don't think there is any healthy alternative when you go to Dairy Queen. Trust me, just last week my daughter & I wanted Dairy Queen. We searched the whole menu to no avail. We ended up getting a mini blizzard but it still had an obscene amount of fat and calories.
  • smueller21
    Options
    So they had a two for one deal going at Dairy Queen and my daughter was "kind enough" to bring one home for me. :)

Holy Hanna!! Even *SMALL* DQ Blizzards are HUGE calories!! Some are more than a third of my daily recommended calories!

They're soooo good though. :)

Going for a Mini helps but you've still gotta watch it. Using the nutrition info off the DQ website, I sorted the Mini Blizzards by calories, lowest to highest. Hope this helps someone:

Banana Split Blizzard - 290, Hawaiian Blizzard - 300, Strawberry CheeseQuake Blizzard - 330, Crispy Crunch Blizzard - 360, Reese Peanut Butter Cups Blizzard - 370, OREO Cookies Blizzard - 380, Rolo Blizzard - 380, Smarties Chocolate Candy Blizzard - 380, Skor Blizzard - 390, Banana Cream Pie Blizzard - 410, Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard - 410, Mint OREO Blizzard - 410, Turtle Pecan Cluster Blizzard - 410, Cookie Dough Blizzard - 420, Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard - 420, Double Fudge Cookie Dough Blizzard - 440, French Silk Pie Blizzard - 440, Midnight Truffle Blizzard - 440.

As a previous poster mentioned, a small sundae is also a good option. They seem to range from 240 calories on the low end to 300 on the high end: Cherry - 240, Pineapple - 240, Raspberry - 270, Chocolate - 280, Marshmallow - 280, Strawberry - 280, Caramel - 300, Hot Fudge - 300,

http://www.dairyqueen.com/resources/-012/5910/4011/2011CanadaDQTreatNutritionBrochure.pdf
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I got a small hot fudge sundae yesterday and man was it small! 300 calories.
  • laurajplus4
    laurajplus4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know you said no bars, but I get a cherry dilly bar... I think they're about 200 calories. I can't even believe I used to eat a large blizzard, sometimes in one sitting. Holy crap!! :)