Need to stop being a loner

Options
Hi!

I've been using MPF for about 3 weeks now and...I've made one friend. I'm shy (both on an off line). I don't want to say the wrong thing.
I'm a grad student in Psychology and the main reason I want to get healthier is for myself. It used to be because my mom forced me to or she would insinuate to that I need to diet but each time it was for her, I would lost it and then gain it.
While staying on campus, I did lost weight to about 261 (my GW now) but gained back about 20 of it after graduating (lounging at home T.T).

I hope to get some motivation from here (which I have been from my friend and reading the message boards).

I guess that's all I can say besides I have a love for Kpop and I'm a crazy Twitter and turning into a MFP addict.

:-D

Replies

• vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the steps towards doing this for yourself. There is no reason to be shy here, just about everyone is so friendly and helpful. Keep logging on and entering in your food diary information, and you will see success. I have been here for about 4 months and I really love it, it has been working for me and so many others.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty shy too. Especially offline. I'll send you a request.
  • silentwolves
    Options
    I"ll be your friend! I just joined here, so Im looking for some friends!
    I totally understand the shy part-Im rediculously shy... Its ruined my social life completely. It would be great to meet some people in my area for workout buddys.
    Im in rochester NY
  • smscott87
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I really enjoy being on here and the information helps. Everyone does seem friendly and are having fun.
  • jonco
    jonco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! What everybody says is true: this site is great! It has really helped me out and I know it can help you too. Friend request on the way, and if anybody else is needing friends, send me a request. Good luck all!
  • VBLEE45
    Options
    You can add me; I'll be your friend; I know a thing or two about being shy as well.