PCOS Sucks!

Options
Why do people feel it necessary to tell you, "You're not getting any younger. Better start having kids.". I know this! Sometimes having a baby is not as easy as it sounds so just back off! And just because you're my friend and I'm so happy for you that you're expecting...yet again doesn't mean I want to hear you complain about every single pregancy symptom you have. Especially when it's the one thing I want more then anything in the world! Sorry for the rant but it's been a very rough and emotional week.

Replies

• beginswithb
    Options
    I feel ya, girl, as a fellow Cyster. We've been TTC for about five years now. I have one daughter, born at 25 weeks, and I want one more before I turn 30. Well, I'm 29 and it ain't happenin'. Whenever I hear about women *****ing about pregnancy symptoms, I want to slap them. And if one more person says, "Well, just stop stressing and it will happen!", I swear I will slap them too. Big hugs, girlie. PCOS does suck. =/
  • adm511
    adm511 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain on this one! It does suck! From a fellow sufferer
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. It must be hard to hear stuff like that from people. I have PCOS too, but I'm 19 so I'm not trying for kids yet. I do get nervous about it though because all I've ever really wanted to be is a mother. Good luck and hang in there. I'm rooting for you!
  • adamsonam
    Options
    I understand completely, I miscarried prior to having my daughter. I also have a friend that tried and tried and couldn't get preggo. I wouldn't mention anything about my pregnancy to her unless she asked. She finally just had her daughter!!!! So don't give up! :smile:
  • adamsonam
    Options
    Sorry, didn't mean to post it twice.
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and trying to bring down my weight to have one. I feel the same way when some complain or tell me I am lucky that I not pregnant. I want to be, badly!! Or another question is: If I get pregnant what would I like: boy or girl?....At this point just to get pregnant and carry to full term would be great! I am also a PCOS suffer and I understand you!
  • mrogus
    Options
    I am in the same boat. We have been TTC for about 2 years and I just found out I have PCOS. I get "when are you having kids" ALL THE TIME and I try not to let it bother me but it does. So many of my friends and family are getting prego and I am struggling!!
  • HungryMom
    Options
    (((hugs))) I am sorry you have had a rough week. PCOS is a b1tch physically and emotionally. Know you are not alone; vent away anytime.
  • Louieanne
    Louieanne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I feel ya, girl, as a fellow Cyster. We've been TTC for about five years now. I have one daughter, born at 25 weeks, and I want one more before I turn 30. Well, I'm 29 and it ain't happenin'. Whenever I hear about women *****ing about pregnancy symptoms, I want to slap them. And if one more person says, "Well, just stop stressing and it will happen!", I swear I will slap them too. Big hugs, girlie. PCOS does suck. =/

I know exactly whatcha mean. I always said I wanted to be done having kids by the time I was thirty...well now I'm creeping up on 28 and I just want it to happen for us. My husband feels so guilty too because I've been wanting to try for the last 4 years because I was afraid we would have a hard time. But he was sure everything would be okay so he put me off...I keep telling him it's not his fault. It's just hard I guess and would be at any age.
  • Louieanne
    Louieanne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My favorite one is, " youre so lucky you dont have kids. You can do anything you want." The thing that's hard is that mentally you know people are not being insensitive on purpose but emotionally you just want to slap some one!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I can see both side. I have PCOS but never had trouble conceiving. I am also a 4 times surrogate mother and 2 times egg donor for 3 family....so the least I can say is having alot of empathy for people dealing with infertility.

Most people do not beguin to understand how it feel to want that baby so much, trying months after months and not being able to. When they complain, I am pretty sure they do not do it to make you feel bad. Pregnancy is hard and every women has the right to complain, it does not make them deserve less there babies. Even me, who did get pregnant 9 times and gave birth to 6 babies....I would complain all the time, and I got pregnant knowing what it was!!!! The last person I would complain to was the mother of the child I was bearing since I knew she would give everything in her power to be the one having something to complain about but then again, I am aware of those feeling from meeting and knowing and exchanging with women dealing with the problem and that is how I was able to see their pain.

If it's someone that is close to you maybe explain how it make you feel would help?

I really hope you will have that little bundle of joy in your arms soon.
  • rjnbritt
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I have dealt with those very same issues for years now! I get so tired of people asking when we are having a baby and the ones that know about my infertility telling me that when I get my mind off of having a baby it will happen!!! I also had friends say things that hurt my feelings very badly but I always try to remember they have no idea what I am going thru and they aren't saying those things to hurt me on purpose! I have finally after about 5 years, begun to accept it and let the anger go. Once you get past the anger and bitterness it gets easier. I wish you luck and send you lots of **baby dust**
  • nothereanymore
    Options
    I get so tired of people asking when we are having a baby and the ones that know about my infertility telling me that when I get my mind off of having a baby it will happen!!! I also had friends say things that hurt my feelings very badly but I always try to remember they have no idea what I am going thru.

I know exactly what you mean my husband and I have been TTC for 5 years now and people drive me up the wall with all the questions about when we are going to have a baby and my mother-in-law even has people ask my husband, myself and my MOTHER when she is going to be a grandmother or if she is just going to be cursed with having grandcats and a granddog. I finally just started telling people that I can't have kids (it is not like they know what it is like to go through PCOS) and thanks for the reminder of that. I now have less people asking me about kids and when we are going to start a family.
    And I totally don't believe in the whole thing were if you just don't think of it and it will happen. For the first 2 years we were just seeing what would happen in its own time and I just saw the doctor to try and get my period under control (before I knew about PCOS) and my doctor total me that I was a young woman and still regulating out (I was 23 by this time so I new that was bull). It took me a total of 5 years and eight doctors to find out about having PCOS (got told about PCOS in June/2011) and I am just now starting to get some of it under control. So listen to your body, question everything, don't take crap from people and take charge of your future.
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    PCOS does suck!! Just last week I had a dr's appointment to find out I have to get back on the pill to shrink the cysts currently in my ovaries. I HATE being on BC, I didnt like it when I was married, and I definetly do not like it now!! My hormones are all out of whack and all the excess hair is really, really unnecessary...I will be 30 this year, and I am giving myself until 35 to have a child...but at this rate...who knows!? Losing weigh is supposed ot make it better, but PCOS just makes it harder to lose the weight...talk about a double edged sword huh? :explode:
  • RokMomma79
    RokMomma79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    AMEN!

I dont have PCOS but suffer from recurrent miscarriage and so far its not going so well with the family planning. Ive had 2 losses in the last 5 months.

My SIL has PCOS and has done 5 IUIs and now on the IVF planning. I have a friend in a donor program out of Maryland going for her transfer end of the month and 4 other friends with "unexplained infertility"

with all that being said, some people are just a-holes and very self absorbed. I have learned a lot about my friends and family this year and some of them just haven't make the cut.