Attempt #112 698....

Options
Hey All! I'm back again...... hopefully for a good long time. I'm going to try out this concept I've heard of called "following through"..... novel idea really..... getting through the first toughest bits of my weight loss journey (I.e. the start up) ONE TIME, so that I never have to "start" again! Goodness! That already made me feel better, thinking that I'll never have to start this again if I just keep it all going.

Anywho.... I'm a 37 year old, Child and Youth Worker from Ontario, Canada..... I'm 5'6" and am looking to lose upwards of 150lbs. I've yo-yo'd quite a bit up until now.... and would love some accountability partners along this journey :)

Feel free to say hello, introduce yourself and help build a community 💕

Replies

• keepmelean
    keepmelean Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Request sent.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristin! MFP is a huge help for me. Even though I have my 'gotta eat myself sick days' they are very infrequent now compared to every single day. My weight has seen 235 and it's seen 125. So yeh, I know the yo-yo syndrome all too well. :blush: But this place helps me get right back to it after an off day(is it just me or is it the season starting with Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas and every single celebration in between??).

I was born a very scrawny wrinkled up baby(so I was told) and I swear my mom did everything under the sun to 'fatten' me up and boy, did it work. :( To the point where I was a fat child, struggling overweight teenager, obese young mom, then spent the next many years trying to lose weight and stay at a comfortable number. Hence, yo-yo syndrome because I thought the toughest part was losing the weight. Surely, if I worked that hard to get it off I'd be smart enough and it'd be easier to keep it off right? HUH. Lotsa luck there. It's always going to be a journey and we all need to eventually find it for ourselves while seeking out alternative pleasures and different habits. Not impossible at all, just some effort and stick-to-itness from us. :)

I'm terrible at being on a friends' list :( because I hardly check there but if you'd like to PM or email or you can add me to your friends' list too :blush: , that's great.
    Good luck and however you go about your lifestyle changes I know you'll make it! You sound like you're ready. AND you are HERE. :)
  • kristinsnm
    kristinsnm Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much :)