need motivation!!!

Options
just started "dieting" AGAIN. I have been doing great with exercise, but not so good with food choices... need some motivation to get me going!!!

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If you are dieting, you are in the wrong place.
  • tinywithaBIGheart
    Options
    look up peoples before & after pictures , always helps me:)
  • debclif
    debclif Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site will help you stay motivated and help you with those choices you need to make. Just make sure to get the app on your phone. Alot of people consider this to be a change of life rather than a diet. I know that I need to change and stay changed. Just like I used to smoke and had to quit. Good luck with your weight loss and feel free to friend me!
  • treasuregirl
    Options
    I have dieted my whole flipping life and starved myself then I would lose the weight to put it back on!!! I have finally figured out and made the connection that it all about balance and moderation and eating 6 meals a day. FINALLY ALLELUIA!!!!! Once you get that in your mind, you will see things so much more clearly!!!
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    This is not a diet but a life style change to be better you. If you want a someone to give you some tips and motivate you please friend me. Welcome CLAIRE
  • dietqueen1978
    Options
    K.. i know this is not a diet but a life style change, but how do i get the "diet" out of my head and just start living healthy??? THAT is where i have problems, otherwise i wouldn't be here & i'd be nice and skinny right now!!! Thanks for the tips everyone!
  • tinkerbella01
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I find taking it a day at a time (sometimes even a meal at a time) can help. Find one thing to change, like drinking more water and do that for a week, then add something new the next week. Slowly, you make lifestyle changes, it's a learning process as to what works for you.
  • anner53108
    Options
    Yes, one meal at a time, one step at a time.
    Not a veggie fan? Start with two servings a day and build on that.
    A slave to fast food/french fries? Try to cut back to once or twice a week at first.
    Got a sweet tooth? Allow yourself a few Hershey's kisses at a treat, but stop at that.
    Drink lots of water -- sometimes dehydration can make you feel hungry/tired, so you want to eat more.
    And always allow yourself a splurge/cheat meal or day. It's all about moderation. If you go too strict and change it all at once, it usually won't stick.

Good luck! And feel free to add me if you're looking for more support! :smile:

~ Ann
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    try finding ways to enjoy the foods that are good for you. I never met a vegetable I liked, until I learned to cook and prepare them in different ways. Change your meats to leaner cuts. Eat whole grains, not processed out of the box crap. Add a little fat, like nuts and EVOO. High fiber helps. Self magazine is a good place for health and fitness tips. They have a website and you can subscribe to their newsletter, free tips and recipes daily. Get 30 min. of exercise a day, even if it is walking. Hope that helps
  • Animaniac87
    Options
    Yes, one meal at a time, one step at a time.
    Not a veggie fan? Start with two servings a day and build on that.
    A slave to fast food/french fries? Try to cut back to once or twice a week at first.
    Got a sweet tooth? Allow yourself a few Hershey's kisses at a treat, but stop at that.
    Drink lots of water -- sometimes dehydration can make you feel hungry/tired, so you want to eat more.
    And always allow yourself a splurge/cheat meal or day. It's all about moderation. If you go too strict and change it all at once, it usually won't stick.

Good luck! And feel free to add me if you're looking for more support! :smile:

~ Ann

Ann- Just wanted to say I LOVE your post. Well said.