How to use for diabetes count

Options
Hi, how do i start using to manage diabetes?
I’m premium user

Replies

• sugarcakes38
    sugarcakes38 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi. You’re a premium user so I’ll answer your post. Just kidding. Your question is pretty much unanswerable, premium user or not.

There’s plenty of us here with diabetes that are managing it with the help of MFP. But nobody here can prescribe you a specific program (and don’t listen to anyone who tries), only your doctor can do that.

Your best and safest bet is to ask your doctor for a basic set of instructions to follow, and for any referrals to a support system you may need (ie; registered dietitian, etc).

Return, enter your stats into MFP according to those goals you’ve been given, and you’re all set. If you still have questions or need more support, the forums are here.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    As above says, you need to look at whatever advice your doctor/referred dietitian has given you for your diet, you can then tweak your goals/dashboard to suit, I don't think there's anything particularly special on the Premium side of things that will help you.

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting to use MFP to track your carbs and count carb servings? If so I'd say just make sure that you are using accurate entries because most of this is user created and for whatever reason people will enter the wrong information. So check your packaging or product websites to make sure that the entries here are correct (and as you build your "recent foods" list you won't have to do that as often).

Are you trying to lose weight to manage diabetes? Again, double check the entries to make sure they are correct and use a food/kitchen scale to weigh your portions for accuracy.

If you have any specific questions on logging/losing weight/etc, use the search feature to see if there are any threads discussing your specific questions. If not, start threads and ask away :)

Good luck and if your doctor hasn't referred you to a diabetes dietitian/classes, ask them for that. There's so much false information on the internet so definitely go with what your doctor says.