Meal split

Options
nellmoore1960
nellmoore1960 Posts: 1 Member
I made a dish that is a total of 965 calories. Saved it as a meal. It is 3 servings for me. How do I split it up so that it won't show the whole 965 in my daily meals.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    change your portion from 1 to .33.

On the web it's a little box you can type before the word "meal" .

On the Android map, when you click on the meal, the second line of information says "number of servings." Change "1" to ".33"
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but what if by that third meal you're sick of it and feed half to the dog.

That is why I make number of servings equal ounces of the finished dish and log the amount I actually eat.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Along with the two suggestions above, if you used the recipe builder, you can change the number of servings of the recipe to 3 and then log 1 serving in your diary.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    Along with the two suggestions above, if you used the recipe builder, you can change the number of servings of the recipe to 3 and then log 1 serving in your diary.

Thanks. I was wondering what I would do when I make a bigger meal. I’m new to the app.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    puffbrat wrote: »

Thanks. I was wondering what I would do when I make a bigger meal. I’m new to the app.

Some things make sense per ounce. Others, spice rubs for instance, maybe by the gram. And while the underlying math will always measure mass, there may be times it is more convenient to show cups or teaspoons. If you use and reuse a lot of recipes, I think it's helpful to name them ending with "...per oz" or "...per tsp" or whatever.